What is Blake thinking right now?

47 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Jun 12, 2017 9:57pm
pro100
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 12 min ago
Joined: Jan 17, 2012

What is Blake thinking right now?

Watching Durant hoist up a Larry O'Brian and a Finals MVP trophy at the same time has to make him wonder what could've been. Just think, Blake was suppose to have a moment in time like Durant had tonight. LeBron had it, Kwahi had it, Durant had it.. Blake was suppose to have 'next'. Maybe even before Durant got his which he did tonight. Not to mention the Warriors passing us up like we never existed when we were once the better team only a few years ago.. does he opt out or not, etc. Of course some blame goes all around- Doc, Ballmer, teammates, can't play with CP3,etc. But its a damn shame that outside of jumping over the Kia, he never never got a moment like this. 

Jun 12, 2017 10:53pm
JGlanton
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 40 min ago
Joined: Oct 9, 2011

He was????  All those players you mentioned are much, much better than Blake. Why was he supposed to win anything?  Now, if Blake went back to being a PF instead of a SG,... naah, never going to happen.

Jun 12, 2017 11:32pm
pro100
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 12 min ago
Joined: Jan 17, 2012

JGlanton wrote:

He was????  All those players you mentioned are much, much better than Blake. Why was he supposed to win anything?  Now, if Blake went back to being a PF instead of a SG,... naah, never going to happen.

Now they are yeah.. but if Blake kept improving on his rookie season he would be in the same breath as these guys. Wasn't he third in MVP voting a few years ago? Its just hard to fathom him being top 5 now cause he's became a shell of his former self.

Jun 13, 2017 8:03am
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 20 hours 7 min ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

You boys have a flare for the dramatic

Jun 13, 2017 8:27am
V-Ice
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 18 min ago
Joined: Nov 27, 2011

If BG32 can play in beast mode like he did 3 years ago, we can compete w the Warriors... he just needs to be engaged and focus completely and also be in uniform.

Jun 13, 2017 9:43am
trapp76
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 20 hours ago
Joined: Oct 28, 2011

He's thinking............."ouch my foot hurts".

Jun 13, 2017 10:06am
VFHS
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 56 min ago
Joined: Mar 8, 2013

He's thinking, "at least I'm not a pussy like Durant or CP0."

Jun 13, 2017 1:01pm
Clipps
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 40 min ago
Joined: May 4, 2015
He was the concensus #1 guy in a draft class that included Curry and Harden. He was a once in a life time talent. he had expectations that 1st overall picks like Lebron, Shaq, and Duncan had. The Clippers would be the #2 team if Blake played like he did 3 years ago. With all the injuries he's had and lousy coaching, I don't think he'll get there anymore. A great coach would help, though. He's still a pussy though.
Jun 13, 2017 1:42pm
trapp76
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 20 hours ago
Joined: Oct 28, 2011

Clipps wrote:
He was the concensus #1 guy in a draft class that included Curry and Harden. He was a once in a life time talent. he had expectations that 1st overall picks like Lebron, Shaq, and Duncan had. The Clippers would be the #2 team if Blake played like he did 3 years ago. With all the injuries he's had and lousy coaching, I don't think he'll get there anymore. A great coach would help, though. He's still a pussy though.

"Hi Blake, I'm your new coach..............today we're going to practice not getting hurt"

Jun 13, 2017 1:56pm
VFHS
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 56 min ago
Joined: Mar 8, 2013

Yeah, because there's absolutely NO way a real coach could help Blake use his skill set better. I mean, we've given him geniuses like Mike Dunleavy, Vinny Del Negro, and Doc Rivers, and they haven't been able to do it. And player development is what Doc's best at!

Jun 13, 2017 2:57pm
Hitnrun24
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 17 hours ago
Joined: Dec 6, 2011

Agree with Glanton, Blake was never as good as those guys. I mean he was 3rd in MVP one year, while Durant has been MVP already and 2nd another time. He also could have been MVP this year or in the top 3-4 if he hadn't gotten injured. And Kawhi's skill set is just so much more important to today's game.

 

Blake would have to turn into Lebron pretty much to be on that level, otherwise he's fine casted as a number 2 option on a team built around his strengths and weaknesses.

Jun 13, 2017 3:14pm
Clipps
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 40 min ago
Joined: May 4, 2015

trapp76 wrote:

Clipps wrote:
He was the concensus #1 guy in a draft class that included Curry and Harden. He was a once in a life time talent. he had expectations that 1st overall picks like Lebron, Shaq, and Duncan had. The Clippers would be the #2 team if Blake played like he did 3 years ago. With all the injuries he's had and lousy coaching, I don't think he'll get there anymore. A great coach would help, though. He's still a pussy though.

"Hi Blake, I'm your new coach..............today we're going to practice not getting hurt"

"Quit shooting 20 footers, stupid"
Jun 13, 2017 5:11pm
V-Ice
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 18 min ago
Joined: Nov 27, 2011

BG32 can be like Bron and actually was playing like his level and then he quit playing like that.. play hard for 48 minutes...

Jun 13, 2017 5:54pm
tullabye
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 15 min ago
Joined: Nov 11, 2011

trapp76 wrote:

He's thinking............."ouch my foot hurts".

yawn

Jun 13, 2017 8:35pm
OGClipsFan32
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 24 min ago
Joined: Nov 27, 2011

I honestly hope watching a team like the Warriors discuss taking less money for the chance to win, inspires our guys to skim a bit off their salaries for the purpose of competing. Unfortunately, I don't see that happening. 

Jun 14, 2017 3:18am
Clipps
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 40 min ago
Joined: May 4, 2015

V-Ice wrote:

BG32 can be like Bron and actually was playing like his level and then he quit playing like that.. play hard for 48 minutes...

Tell him that. not us.
Jun 14, 2017 6:38am
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 20 hours 7 min ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

Clipps wrote:

V-Ice wrote:

BG32 can be like Bron and actually was playing like his level and then he quit playing like that.. play hard for 48 minutes...

Tell him that. not us.

You seriously don't see the irony of you saying that to another poster here?

Jun 14, 2017 8:10am
Clippers1121
Offline
Last seen: 32 min 6 sec ago
Joined: Nov 15, 2011

The harder Blake plays the more likely he is to get injured.  Quite the conundrum.  He isn't Lebron.  His body will not let him do what his mind wants him to do.  Blake has all the heart and work ethic you would ever want in a player.  Unfortunately, he just does not have the body that will hold up to that work ethic.  Not his fault.  Stupid to compare him to Lebron or any of these other stars.

Jun 14, 2017 9:46am
trapp76
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 20 hours ago
Joined: Oct 28, 2011

Clippers1121 wrote:

The harder Blake plays the more likely he is to get injured.  Quite the conundrum.  He isn't Lebron.  His body will not let him do what his mind wants him to do.  Blake has all the heart and work ethic you would ever want in a player.  Unfortunately, he just does not have the body that will hold up to that work ethic.  

I don't want to be paying a guy max money if his "body will not hold up to his work ethic", especially come playoff time.

You have to give him a max deal to keep him, but after that, we need to look at trading him.

 

Jun 14, 2017 10:05am
mannycoon
Offline
Last seen: 50 min 3 sec ago
Joined: Nov 2, 2011

Clippers1121 wrote:

The harder Blake plays the more likely he is to get injured.  

Isn't that pretty much the exact opposite of what has happened?  He seems to get hurt more and more now that he's playing soft.  

Jun 14, 2017 11:24am
Clipps
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 40 min ago
Joined: May 4, 2015

Mistwell wrote:

Clipps wrote:

V-Ice wrote:

BG32 can be like Bron and actually was playing like his level and then he quit playing like that.. play hard for 48 minutes...

Tell him that. not us.

You seriously don't see the irony of you saying that to another poster here?

Sure. Another comment about how Blake can be so great, but he isn't for some reason because of playing soft. Why beat a dead horse?
Jun 14, 2017 12:13pm
tullabye
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 15 min ago
Joined: Nov 11, 2011

mannycoon wrote:

Clippers1121 wrote:

The harder Blake plays the more likely he is to get injured.  

Isn't that pretty much the exact opposite of what has happened?  He seems to get hurt more and more now that he's playing soft.  

Right on. Freak injuries happen. Blake has been unlucky but l much prefer the thunderous Blake to the jump shooting version Doc has turned him into. 

Jun 14, 2017 3:08pm
Kerley
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 2 days ago
Joined: Dec 14, 2011

VFHS wrote:

Yeah, because there's absolutely NO way a real coach could help Blake use his skill set better. I mean, we've given him geniuses like Mike Dunleavy, Vinny Del Negro, and Doc Rivers, and they haven't been able to do it. And player development is what Doc's best at!

 

I actually think Vinny was the best we've had at player development. He also had Blake playing at a pretty high level. Doc got it in his head that he needs to save himself for the deep playoff runs that he would be going on. 

Blake wasn't broke, he was unguardable, they should have just left it alone. Blake needs the 7 second offense that Vinny played (that he learned from D'Antoni). Say what you will about that style, but the fucking Warriors are playing that style and they're being coached by the guy that built the fucking 06 Suns, it's not a coincidence. 

Jun 14, 2017 5:47pm
pro100
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 12 min ago
Joined: Jan 17, 2012

Kerley wrote:

VFHS wrote:

Yeah, because there's absolutely NO way a real coach could help Blake use his skill set better. I mean, we've given him geniuses like Mike Dunleavy, Vinny Del Negro, and Doc Rivers, and they haven't been able to do it. And player development is what Doc's best at!

 

I actually think Vinny was the best we've had at player development. He also had Blake playing at a pretty high level. Doc got it in his head that he needs to save himself for the deep playoff runs that he would be going on. 

Blake wasn't broke, he was unguardable, they should have just left it alone. Blake needs the 7 second offense that Vinny played (that he learned from D'Antoni). Say what you will about that style, but the fucking Warriors are playing that style and they're being coached by the guy that built the fucking 06 Suns, it's not a coincidence. 

I agree.. everything has been downhill in all facets since Doc has came aboard

Jun 15, 2017 6:10am
VFHS
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 56 min ago
Joined: Mar 8, 2013

Vinny gave younger players like Bledsoe and DJ a chance to play, which is already an upgrade from Doc, but I didn't notice much in the way of development other than that. I do agree that Doc isn't using Blake right. But I also blame CP0. His insistence on dragging down the pace and dribbling out the shot clock makes running a Suns/Warriors-esque uptempo offense impossible.

What Doc and CP0 have been doing to Blake reminds me so much of what Dumbleavy did to Baron: they've forced him to play in a slow, plodding offense that doesn't work to his strengths. Granted, Baron was also a lazy, fat, overpaid malcontent during his time here (unlike Blake), so there were other problems back then.

Jun 15, 2017 7:57am
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 20 hours 7 min ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

I think Blake is thinking "Damn, I wish I hadn't been injured. Why does this keep happening to me, these freak injuries? I tried so hard to not risk my body until the playoffs, and it still fucking happened. Does God hate me or something? Fuck!"

Jun 15, 2017 9:26am
babyradar01
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 37 min ago
Joined: Nov 27, 2011
Blake will be traded soon...bank on it.
Jun 15, 2017 11:02am
Kerley
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 2 days ago
Joined: Dec 14, 2011

babyradar01 wrote:
Blake will be traded soon...bank on it.

Blakes a free agent. 

I think if anyone is gone it's DJ to be honest. West just proved you can win multiple championships without a legit center. Javale McGee is a champion for fuck sake. 

Jun 15, 2017 4:51pm
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 20 hours 7 min ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

Baby could be right. He is a free agent but he needs a sign and trade to go to a team over the cap, and most the teams he'd want to go to are over the cap. It is entirely possible a sign and trade involving Blake is in the works. 

The Lebron stirrings seem to look more legit than I used to think they were too...this Jerry West thing along with the new stadium and the rumors of Lebron wanting to come here, it does all seem to fit something being in the works. 

Jun 15, 2017 5:12pm
mannycoon
Offline
Last seen: 50 min 3 sec ago
Joined: Nov 2, 2011

Kerley wrote:

I think if anyone is gone it's DJ to be honest. West just proved you can win multiple championships without a legit center. 

We should definitely grab all of the Draymond Green clones currently available to make that possible, here is the current complete list:

 

Also while we are at it, we should get any small forwards available that have the length of a legit defensive center, but the mobility and shooting ability of an elite guard.

Jun 15, 2017 6:06pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 27 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Blake:  Is Ballmer going to sign and trade me to Subway for Jared Fogle?

 

 

Also, his favorite sandwich is an Oven Roasted Chicken.

 

+++++++++++++++

 

http://nysportsjournalism.squarespace.com/qa-why-subway-stays-on-track-1/2010/10/27/qa-would-you-join-a-club-sandwich-that-has-michael-phelps-mi.html

 

Among their favorite sandwiches:
John Cena: Double Meat (various)
Michael Crabtree: Chicken And Bacon Ranch
Carl Edwards: Oven Roasted Chicken, Black Forest Ham
Jared Fogle: Subway Club
Blake Griffin:  Oven Roasted Chicken
Peter Griffin (Family Guy): Subway Feast
Ryan Howard: Big Philly Cheese Steak with Banana Peppers
Al Jefferson: Ham and Turkey on Wheat Bread
Meb Keflezighi: Turkey Sub, Meatball Sub
Kimmie Meissner: Turkey with Cheese
Tony Parker:  Chicken and Cheese
Michael Phelps: Meatball Marinara with JalapeƱos, Turkey
CC Sabathia: Big Chipotle Cheese Steak
Michael Strahan: Subway Club
Ndamukong Suh: Oven Roasted Chicken; Breakfast Subs: Bacon and Eggs or Steak and Cheese
Justin Tuck: Breakfast Sandwich Egg Whites And Spinach