There were playoffs matchups drawings last year too???

33 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 May 31, 2016 4:24pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 17 hours 28 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

There were playoffs matchups drawings last year too???

I like these even more.

 

For Cavs-Celtics, it's a sword vs. cigar fight.

 

Here's Clippers-Spurs.

 

http://nesn.com/2015/04/nba-playoff-matchups-come-to-life-in-awesome-reddit-illustrations-photos/

 


May 31, 2016 4:27pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 17 hours 28 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

The Nets should just retire, if this is the best they can be represented in a drawing.

 


May 31, 2016 4:33pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 17 hours 28 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

The rocket caused a hole in the mast.

 

May 31, 2016 4:39pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 17 hours 28 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Snowcean's GF does the drawings.  She went from GF to fiancee between the first and 2nd rounds last year!

 

Look at the titles.

 

http://imgur.com/gallery/KUAPS

 

http://imgur.com/gallery/62Afg

May 31, 2016 4:47pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 17 hours 28 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

nuraman00 wrote:

The rocket caused a hole in the mast.

 

 

The Clipper Ship has a Spur next to the Blue Mast.

May 31, 2016 5:13pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 17 hours 28 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Here's a better summary post of everything.

 

++++++++++++

 

2015 1st Round:

http://imgur.com/gallery/KUAPS

2015 2nd Round:

http://imgur.com/gallery/62Afg

Look how the Grizzly has shreds of the Portland Trail Blazer in its claws.

 

Snowcean's GF does the drawings.  She went from GF to fiancee between the first and 2nd rounds last year!

 

Look at the titles.



Hey look, the Hawk is carrying the Nets in its claws.


2015 Conference Finals:

http://imgur.com/gallery/quK7E


Hey look, the Hawk has the Nets in its claws, and the Blue Star from the Wizard's hat too.

The Warrior has Pelicans feathers in his sleeve, and a Grizzly claw patch too.


2015 NBA Finals:

http://imgur.com/gallery/v6VdZAZ

2015 NBA Champions:

http://imgur.com/gallery/E3CDS7S



2016 First Round:

http://imgur.com/gallery/zIfIY

2016 2nd Round:

http://imgur.com/gallery/ENass

2016 Conference Finals:

http://imgur.com/gallery/xJSEQ

See how the lighting (Thunder) is in the shape of a Spur?

The Raptor now shoots Heat.

2016 NBA Finals:

http://imgur.com/gallery/snuU9XO

May 31, 2016 5:25pm
Dyce
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 35 min ago
Joined: Nov 27, 2011

lol Pelicans

Jun 1, 2016 11:28am
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 17 hours 28 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

SamIAm19, you have no comment on the drawings?

 

Olowokandi34?

Jun 1, 2016 2:51pm
Shaliq
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 19 hours ago
Joined: Jan 23, 2012

These are awesome!! I love how she still uses ThunderBolt (best mascot in the history of sport). I miss him so much!

Jun 1, 2016 7:39pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 17 hours 28 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Shaliq wrote:

These are awesome!! I love how she still uses ThunderBolt (best mascot in the history of sport). I miss him so much!

 

I didn't realize he wasn't an official mascot anymore.

 

But you are right.  They got rid of them the same year the SuperSonics moved to Oklahoma City, to avoid confusion.

 

Good info, thanks.

+++++++++

 

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/warriors/2008-10-02-thunder-mascot_N.htm

Jun 25, 2016 2:44pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 17 hours 28 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

2016 NBA Champions

 

Jun 25, 2016 3:00pm
Griffin5
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 3 days ago
Joined: Jul 12, 2014

These are awesome! Is this the V for Vendetta mask on the Cavs drawing? Very much talented.

Jun 25, 2016 5:30pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 17 hours 28 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Griffin5 wrote:

These are awesome! Is this the V for Vendetta mask on the Cavs drawing? Very much talented.

No, it's probably just a coincidence because of the mustache or the shape of his lips / mouth.

 

http://www.cleveland.com/wfny/index.ssf/2011/01/cavaliers_add_to_their_in-game.html

 

Jun 26, 2016 3:55am
Griffin5
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 3 days ago
Joined: Jul 12, 2014

Cool thanks for the picture. The throne has to be a game of thrones reference though.

Jun 26, 2016 2:36pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 17 hours 28 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Griffin5 wrote:

Cool thanks for the picture. The throne has to be a game of thrones reference though.

 

You're probably right.  I wouldn't have thought of it since I don't watch the show.

Jun 26, 2016 11:16pm
Dyce
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 35 min ago
Joined: Nov 27, 2011

Maybe next year she can use Chuck the Condor for us.

Jun 26, 2016 11:35pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 17 hours 28 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Dyce wrote:

Maybe next year she can use Chuck the Condor for us.

 

I'm thinking the of Captain's Wheel on the Clipper Ship, with each of the Clippers defeated teams on a notch, respectively, on the wheel.

 

May 2, 2017 3:54pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 17 hours 28 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Make sure you click on "next" to scroll through all of the pics.

 

 

2017 First Round:

 

http://imgur.com/gallery/ZpyhA

 

2017 Second Round:

 

http://imgur.com/gallery/B6tmy

 

The Raptor's claw is shaped like the Bucks antler.

I can't tell the Hawks battle scar that the Wizard should have?  What indication is there that the Wizards beat the Hawks?

May 2, 2017 3:57pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 17 hours 28 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

 There was too much water from that saxaphone in that first round drawing.

May 2, 2017 3:52pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 17 hours 28 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

The Cavs mascot is now on Pacers roller skates.

May 2, 2017 3:54pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 17 hours 28 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Why does the Warriors mascot need two hands to hold the Portland axe, while the lightning bolt is just kind of randomly in mid-air?

May 2, 2017 4:06pm
Dyce
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 35 min ago
Joined: Nov 27, 2011

nuraman00 wrote:

I can't tell the Hawks battle scar that the Wizard should have?  What indication is there that the Wizards beat the Hawks?

Well the Wizard has a stick after beating the Hawk.  So maybe the thing at the top is the Hawks beak?

May 2, 2017 4:16pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 17 hours 28 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Dyce wrote:

nuraman00 wrote:

I can't tell the Hawks battle scar that the Wizard should have?  What indication is there that the Wizards beat the Hawks?

Well the Wizard has a stick after beating the Hawk.  So maybe the thing at the top is the Hawks beak?

 

That is a good point.  I checked back on the 2017 first round, and both the 1st and 2nd rounds in 2015.  The Wizard used his hands in all of those cases.

 

In the 2017 second round, the stick is new.

 

Maybe the thing at the top is the beak.

 

I'll ask on her FB page when I can.  But you'll get credit for noticing it.

 

https://www.facebook.com/asur.illustrations/

May 2, 2017 4:22pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 17 hours 28 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

TNT should show these on Gone Fishin'.

May 3, 2017 2:46pm
Griffin5
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 3 days ago
Joined: Jul 12, 2014

These are amazing! The Raptors one looks sick

May 3, 2017 3:37pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 17 hours 28 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Griffin5 wrote:

These are amazing! The Raptors one looks sick

 

So the Raptor's claw is in the shape of the Bucks antlers.

 

What if the Raptors beat the Bulls, Bucks, and Hawks.  Then it would have Bull Horns, Buck Antlers, and can fly.  Lol.

 

I think the Raptor is going to look good anytime it wins a few rounds.

 

Last year, it had the Pacers wheels and could shoot Heat, when it got to the conference finals.

May 3, 2017 3:40pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 17 hours 28 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

These are good too, but the mascot ones are more fun.

 

http://imgur.com/gallery/saQIp

 

http://imgur.com/gallery/TFIxB

May 3, 2017 3:56pm
Griffin5
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 3 days ago
Joined: Jul 12, 2014

nuraman00 wrote:

Griffin5 wrote:

These are amazing! The Raptors one looks sick

 

So the Raptor's claw is in the shape of the Bucks antlers.

 

What if the Raptors beat the Bulls, Bucks, and Hawks.  Then it would have Bull Horns, Buck Antlers, and can fly.  Lol.

 

I think the Raptor is going to look good anytime it wins a few rounds.

 

Last year, it had the Pacers wheels and could shoot Heat, when it got to the conference finals.

Yes. The raptors have a cool mascot to do some creative things.

The Grizzlies-Spurs one looks also pretty appealing to me. It's very artistic and good drawn. If I had to choose which one of those pictures I can hang on my wall I think I would choose the Grizzlies-Spurs one. 

I'm disappointed about the Clipper-Jazz one. I don't know what but you could have done something better out of it. Maybe choose another perspective of the ship (from the front where you can see the figuerehead). 

May 3, 2017 3:57pm
Griffin5
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 3 days ago
Joined: Jul 12, 2014

Oh yeah I have seen those portrait pictures but forget where lol 

 

May 3, 2017 4:29pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 17 hours 28 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Griffin5 wrote:

nuraman00 wrote:

Griffin5 wrote:

These are amazing! The Raptors one looks sick

 

So the Raptor's claw is in the shape of the Bucks antlers.

 

What if the Raptors beat the Bulls, Bucks, and Hawks.  Then it would have Bull Horns, Buck Antlers, and can fly.  Lol.

 

I think the Raptor is going to look good anytime it wins a few rounds.

 

Last year, it had the Pacers wheels and could shoot Heat, when it got to the conference finals.

Yes. The raptors have a cool mascot to do some creative things.

The Grizzlies-Spurs one looks also pretty appealing to me. It's very artistic and good drawn. If I had to choose which one of those pictures I can hang on my wall I think I would choose the Grizzlies-Spurs one. 

I'm disappointed about the Clipper-Jazz one. I don't know what but you could have done something better out of it. Maybe choose another perspective of the ship (from the front where you can see the figuerehead). 

 

I was pissed when the Raptors decided to remove the Raptor from their jerseys.  They kept it on the court, but didn't want it on the jerseys anymore.

 

It looks like that year was 1999.  I remember reading the article about it.

 

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/list_by_team/227/Toronto_Raptors/

May 4, 2017 2:41am
Dyce
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 35 min ago
Joined: Nov 27, 2011

She has greatly improved as an artist from year to year.

May 8, 2017 3:14pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 17 hours 28 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Dyce wrote:

nuraman00 wrote:

I can't tell the Hawks battle scar that the Wizard should have?  What indication is there that the Wizards beat the Hawks?

Well the Wizard has a stick after beating the Hawk.  So maybe the thing at the top is the Hawks beak?

 

From IMGUR:

 

monk2241 pt5 days

yeh the tip of the staff is shaped like a hawk's talon

Apr 13, 2018 11:06am
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 17 hours 28 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

There will be no Clipper Ship drawing this year.

 

Waiting for this year's drawings:

​​​​​​​https://asur-misoa.deviantart.com/gallery/60173779/NBA