Listening to the Jerry/Doc/Larry Press Conf. on 570 now

24 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Jun 19, 2017 2:45pm
JGlanton
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 26 min ago
Joined: Oct 9, 2011

Listening to the Jerry/Doc/Larry Press Conf. on 570 now

Out driving around and caught the presser. Pretty good to hear all three field questions about the team and how things will be going forward.

Jerry is going to come on 570 next and be interviewed by them alone.

P.S. A-holes on 710am are pondering whether Jerry is just "window dressing".

Jun 19, 2017 3:14pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 15 hours 16 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Did they ponder that when he was with the Grizzlies and Warriors too?

Jun 19, 2017 4:23pm
trapp76
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 45 min ago
Joined: Oct 28, 2011

The Cavs and general manager David Griffin will part ways according to sources

Jun 19, 2017 4:34pm
Hitnrun24
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 58 min ago
Joined: Dec 6, 2011

trapp76 wrote:

The Cavs and general manager David Griffin will part ways according to sources

 

Looks like Billups is the frontrunner to take over President of Basketball Operations there. I think we should go after Griffin and let him be our GM and work with Jerry West. Then Doc can just coach and be a figurehead for the FO

Jun 19, 2017 5:08pm
V-Ice
Offline
Last seen: 49 min 40 sec ago
Joined: Nov 27, 2011

Doc is not going anywhere. Also Lawrence is our GM, not Doc.

Jun 19, 2017 5:39pm
JGlanton
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 26 min ago
Joined: Oct 9, 2011

West supposedly getting between $4-5M a year

Jun 19, 2017 6:14pm
ClipperSisyphus
Online
Last seen: 4 min 34 sec ago
Joined: Nov 1, 2011

What is the chain of command on personnel decisions?

Jun 19, 2017 6:19pm
V-Ice
Offline
Last seen: 49 min 40 sec ago
Joined: Nov 27, 2011

Plus Jerry West tried to hire Griffin as GM in Memphis... 

Jun 19, 2017 9:59pm
trapp76
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 45 min ago
Joined: Oct 28, 2011

V-Ice wrote:

Doc is not going anywhere. Also Lawrence is our GM, not Doc.

I don't think Frank is our GM. Wohl is the GM.

 

Jun 19, 2017 10:47pm
JGlanton
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 26 min ago
Joined: Oct 9, 2011

It's unusual that Clipper fans aren't sure who the team's GM is.  They aren't making him prominent at all.

President of Basketball Operations and Head Coach Glenn "Doc" Rivers

Executive Vice President, Basketball Operations Lawrence Frank
General Manager Dave Wohl
Assistant General Manager Gary Sacks
Assistant General Manager Gerald Madkins
Director of College Player Personnel Jason Piombetti
Director of International Scouting Fabrizio Besnati
Advance Scout Jack Nolan
Pro Personnel Scout John Loyer
Monte Mathis
Dave Severns
Assistant Coach Sam Cassell 
Armond Hill
Brendan O'Connor 
Patrick Sullivan 
John Welch 
Mike Woodson
Assistant Players Skills Coach J.P. Clark
Director of Basketball Analytics Jud Winton
Manager of Basketball Analytics Gregory Peim
Player Programs Dee Brown
Director of Pro Player Personnel Johnny Rogers
Director of Performance Mark Simpson
Performance Scientist/ Biomedical Analyst Jay Porterfield
Chief of Staff, Basketball Operations Annemarie Loflin
Head Athletic Trainer Jasen Powell
Strength & Conditioning Coach Richard Williams
Assistant Athletic Trainer/Travel Manager Joe Resendez
Assistant Athletic Trainer Tommy Murdock
Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach Brent Tanaka
Coaching Associate/Video Scouting Director Brian Adams
Head Video Coordinator Trey Platt
Assistant Video Coordinator Natalie Nakase
Chris Holguin
Assistant Equipment Manager Ashton Williams
Equipment and Facilities Manager Pete Serrano
Basketball Facilities Manager Max Reza
Director of Team Security Robert Picker
Deputy Director of Team Security Hector Ramirez
Basketball Operations Seasonal Assistants Rishabh Desai
Ayodeji Egbeyemi
Team Physician Dr. Steven Shimoyama, M.D.
Dr. Steven Krems, M.D.
Dr. Mark Laska, D.D.S.
Manager of Basketball Administration Alexandra Mitchell
Assistant to EVP/ Basketball Operations Manager Jordan Borucki
D League Scout Enver Soobzokov
College Scouts Paul Hewitt 
Darrel Johnson
Donnie Jones
Joey Meyer
Scouting Manager Kris Mehdipour
Team Chef Priscilla Martinez
Jun 19, 2017 11:07pm
V-Ice
Offline
Last seen: 49 min 40 sec ago
Joined: Nov 27, 2011

^thanks for info.

Jun 20, 2017 1:24am
Dyce
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 24 min ago
Joined: Nov 27, 2011

I don't even know what Dave Wohl looks like.

Jun 20, 2017 7:09am
clipsentuboca
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 27 min ago
Joined: Dec 6, 2011

jasen powell easy to spot though

Jun 20, 2017 7:17am
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 31 min ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

Dyce wrote:

I don't even know what Dave Wohl looks like.

He was the Nets head coach when I was in high school. Since then he was an assistant coach in Boston with Doc and assistant GM there after that. He was with T-Wolves before coming here to re-unite with Doc. 

Jun 20, 2017 10:57am
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 15 hours 16 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

ClipperSisyphus wrote:

What is the chain of command on personnel decisions?

 

This reminds me of the question I ask every year.  What the difference between President of Basketball Operations, and General Manager is.  

 

Here's the most recent thread.

 

@Dyce has a good response in the thread.

 

I've been asking this for years, and sometimes I'm still not sure.

Jun 20, 2017 11:04am
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 15 hours 16 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

JGlanton wrote:

It's unusual that Clipper fans aren't sure who the team's GM is.  They aren't making him prominent at all.

President of Basketball Operations and Head Coach Glenn "Doc" Rivers

Executive Vice President, Basketball Operations Lawrence Frank
General Manager Dave Wohl
Assistant General Manager Gary Sacks
Assistant General Manager Gerald Madkins
Director of College Player Personnel Jason Piombetti
Director of International Scouting Fabrizio Besnati
Advance Scout Jack Nolan
Pro Personnel Scout John Loyer
Monte Mathis
Dave Severns
Assistant Coach Sam Cassell 
Armond Hill
Brendan O'Connor 
Patrick Sullivan 
John Welch 
Mike Woodson
Assistant Players Skills Coach J.P. Clark
Director of Basketball Analytics Jud Winton
Manager of Basketball Analytics Gregory Peim
Player Programs Dee Brown
Director of Pro Player Personnel Johnny Rogers
Director of Performance Mark Simpson
Performance Scientist/ Biomedical Analyst Jay Porterfield
Chief of Staff, Basketball Operations Annemarie Loflin
Head Athletic Trainer Jasen Powell
Strength & Conditioning Coach Richard Williams
Assistant Athletic Trainer/Travel Manager Joe Resendez
Assistant Athletic Trainer Tommy Murdock
Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach Brent Tanaka
Coaching Associate/Video Scouting Director Brian Adams
Head Video Coordinator Trey Platt
Assistant Video Coordinator Natalie Nakase
Chris Holguin
Assistant Equipment Manager Ashton Williams
Equipment and Facilities Manager Pete Serrano
Basketball Facilities Manager Max Reza
Director of Team Security Robert Picker
Deputy Director of Team Security Hector Ramirez
Basketball Operations Seasonal Assistants Rishabh Desai
Ayodeji Egbeyemi
Team Physician Dr. Steven Shimoyama, M.D.
Dr. Steven Krems, M.D.
Dr. Mark Laska, D.D.S.
Manager of Basketball Administration Alexandra Mitchell
Assistant to EVP/ Basketball Operations Manager Jordan Borucki
D League Scout Enver Soobzokov
College Scouts Paul Hewitt 
Darrel Johnson
Donnie Jones
Joey Meyer
Scouting Manager Kris Mehdipour
Team Chef Priscilla Martinez


Why isn't Gillian Zucker on that list?

 

Sep 7, 2015 11:41pm Dyce wrote:

If Zucker is behind the new logo perhaps she should be fired.

 

Sep 7, 2015 5:45pm trapp76 wrote:

Turns out he was referring to Zucker on the business side, not the basketball side of things:

http://m.tmz.com/#Article/2015/09/07/l-a-clippers-power-struggle-steve-ballmer-doc-rivers-gillian-zucker

Jun 20, 2017 11:20am
JGlanton
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 26 min ago
Joined: Oct 9, 2011

Because this is the Basketball Operations directory, not the Business Operations directory

Jun 20, 2017 11:23am
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 15 hours 16 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Can you find the Business Operations Directory?  I don't think that side has been great in recent years either, and it would be nice to put some names to those job titles.

Jun 20, 2017 12:48pm
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 31 min ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

nuraman00 wrote:

Can you find the Business Operations Directory?  I don't think that side has been great in recent years either, and it would be nice to put some names to those job titles.

Too long to post.  HERE IT IS. 

Jun 20, 2017 1:06pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 15 hours 16 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Mistwell wrote:

nuraman00 wrote:

Can you find the Business Operations Directory?  I don't think that side has been great in recent years either, and it would be nice to put some names to those job titles.

Too long to post.  HERE IT IS. 

 

That was useful.  Thanks.

Jun 20, 2017 3:11pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 15 hours 16 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Back to the press conference itself.

 

Any other thoughts?

Jun 21, 2017 10:19pm
clipsentuboca
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 27 min ago
Joined: Dec 6, 2011

Jerry was awesome today on 570am immediately hurling over host Fred Rogaine's anti-Clipper rhetoric with the class of a champion. He drips basketball greatness. You can hear the sound of a bball bouncing on the gym hardwood in his inspirational delivery.

The Clips are in good hands, this guys has done and seen it all. And he's as sharp as the sharpest blade.

Drove from the desert to OC today and, as per normal with this 2.5hr-ish freeway hop,  listened to a crapload of sports radio. What a treat that was with Mr. West. Excited for the teams' prospects again for sure...he's had success everywhere (lakes, memphis, gs).

Jun 21, 2017 10:52pm
V-Ice
Offline
Last seen: 49 min 40 sec ago
Joined: Nov 27, 2011

^exactly. I loved what he said, you have to take risk(s)... and I know that it's bothering him that the Lakers made a trade.... Time to get a better trade for us, to make us better.

Apr 12, 2018 12:55pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 15 hours 16 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Mistwell wrote:

nuraman00 wrote:

Can you find the Business Operations Directory?  I don't think that side has been great in recent years either, and it would be nice to put some names to those job titles.

Too long to post.  HERE IT IS.

 

This was a really good link.  I also see that the Kings and Magic don't have a staff directory link on their main page, but the Clippers do.

 

I wish every team would have a staff directory, from their main team page.