2018 Summer moves

91 posts / 0 new
Last post
Apr 9, 2018 5:10pm
Hitnrun24
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 51 min ago
Joined: Dec 6, 2011

Rhy1244 wrote:
Came into thread because I misread title as summer movies. Sad!

 

I read it that way too and was wondering why there were so many posts, lol

Apr 9, 2018 5:14pm
Hitnrun24
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 51 min ago
Joined: Dec 6, 2011

JGlanton wrote:
The team isn't going to fire doc. That's not even remotely realistic. That's just a fantasy for some fans who like to blame the coach for everything. Doc is getting a lot of credit for the job he's done with the terrible injury situation. Austin isn't going to opt out either. His agent will probably put out feelers to guage interest, there will be some rumors on Twitter, but he won't find any big money out there for his bench-level talent. I don't see much chance for any big moves for the Clips this summer. Just keeping flexible cap space will be the priority. Maybe they can sign and trade someone for fit and flexibility. Can we do that with Bradley? Maybe we can move one draft pick. We should if we could. We need to get a good wing. We don't need two more rookies and doc won't play them much anyway.

 

I agree that Doc won't be fired. The only thing that could happen is he puts pressure on Ballmer to either extend him or buy him out because no coaches want to be a lame duck. At the same time, he is making top level money so who knows but if he does have interest in Milwaukee he'd have to get in this offseason. If that's the case it could go either way, I would hope we don't extend him I'd rather have his contract play out or have him be coaching for a new one. 

Apr 9, 2018 7:16pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 16 hours 10 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Can Ballmer send Rivers Sr. to Agua Caliente to coach there, and bring up Casey Hill to coach the Los Angeles Clippers, using the NBA two-way contract? wink

Apr 9, 2018 7:19pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 16 hours 10 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

nuraman00 wrote:

What movie from Mistwell's list is likely to have annoying NBA Playoffs promos tied in?  A "blockbuster" is the type of movie that will have the large advertising budget for these commercials, and for the air time during the NBA Playoffs or NBA Finals.

 

For example, during the 2004 Playoffs, there was a TNT commercial that said "There's a twister in Los Angeles", and they showed Kobe Bryant making a spinning layup.

 

They also showed Latrell Sprewell dunking into a tornado.

 

During the 2010 Finals, they kept showing promos for Adam Sandler's Grown Ups, with the joke about there being a chemical in the pool that turns blue if you pee in the pool.

 

"Fantastic Four" was also an annoying promo during the 2004 playoffs.  That was tied in to the L.A. Lakers.

 

During the 2006 Playoffs, when the Pistons were losing the series to the Heat, despite the Pistons having the best record in the league, someone said the Pistons were Poseidon (another movie at that time).

 

 

 

Ok, here's a cheesy example.

 

Kawhi Leonard will come back in the playoffs if the Spurs face the Rockets or the Warriors, and be an Avenger.

Apr 9, 2018 7:56pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 16 hours 10 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Rhy1244 hasn't posted about Costco liquor since 2013.

 

I blame Austin Rivers.

 

Feb 26, 2013 4:49pm Rhy1244 wrote:

Our last game against the bobcats was close.  100/94.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2012121230

It is hard to imagine us losing the game, or even the game being close...

I would avoid betting on this game, but if I had to, I'd bet that the Clips fail to cover.  

Cats +16.  Under.  

...anyone wanna bet shots?  I just bought Costco's 20 year scotch, and need an excuse to drink it.

Apr 10, 2018 10:40am
trapp76
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 38 min ago
Joined: Oct 28, 2011

I honestly have no idea about what will happen with Doc this off-season.

I thought he would be gone for sure at one point, but after the Blake trade and having the team stay in the playoff hunt all the way until the final week of the season, Doc was getting lots of good press from the local media.

I'd say it's a toss up now as to whether or not he stays on for final year of is deal. 2019 is when we can really be free agent players anyway and that's when Doc's contract runs out. Maybe change won't be made till that off-season to lure in free agents. Not sure at this point.

Apr 10, 2018 10:59am
VFHS
Online
Last seen: 3 min 31 sec ago
Joined: Mar 8, 2013

Doc SHOULD be fired if Ballmer's serious about winning. As a matter of fact, he should have been fired years ago after we choked to Houston. But knowing Ballmer's weird loyalty to Doc during his time as owner, I have serious doubts that it will happen.

The real fear is that Ballmer gives Doc another idiotic contract extension based on a transition year full of excuses. Doc's resume of declining win totals and declining postseason results every year would get any other coach fired, not extended. But again, Ballmer has some bizarre loyalty to Doc, so rational logic doesn't apply.

Also, it's not just the local media... all the prominent Clippers social media accounts and blogs have been pretending that Doc is a great coach and Austin is an NBA-caliber player all season too. That's even more disappointing, because the blogosphere is supposed to challenge the lazy narratives put forth by the team and the legacy media, not repeat them uncritically.

Apr 10, 2018 11:32am
Dyce
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 17 min ago
Joined: Nov 27, 2011

My hope is the Knicks or Bucks show interest in Doc and are willing to offer a draft pick.

Apr 10, 2018 12:06pm
trapp76
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 38 min ago
Joined: Oct 28, 2011

VFHS wrote:

Doc SHOULD be fired if Ballmer's serious about winning. As a matter of fact, he should have been fired years ago after we choked to Houston. But knowing Ballmer's weird loyalty to Doc during his time as owner, I have serious doubts that it will happen.

The real fear is that Ballmer gives Doc another idiotic contract extension based on a transition year full of excuses. Doc's resume of declining win totals and declining postseason results every year would get any other coach fired, not extended. But again, Ballmer has some bizarre loyalty to Doc, so rational logic doesn't apply.

Also, it's not just the local media... all the prominent Clippers social media accounts and blogs have been pretending that Doc is a great coach and Austin is an NBA-caliber player all season too. That's even more disappointing, because the blogosphere is supposed to challenge the lazy narratives put forth by the team and the legacy media, not repeat them uncritically.

The local media and Clipper beat writers have been especially kind to Austin for some reason. They seem to be just relying on counting stats as evidence of his "improvement" every season. It's really lazy and non confrontational coverage. Markazi, Sheburne and Woike have all defended Austin. It's super dissapointing. Beat writers should be challenging this kind of stuff, especially after the Michael Eaves report after CP left and some of the comments made by former players like Barnes, Davis and Dudley, but they just don't. They don't want to rock the boat and they are more interested in access and being friends with the players/coaches than actually being critical. It's really weird. Its more symptomatic of a general sports coverage or even general media coverage problem I think nowadays. Good coverage being exchanged for access. It's a disservice to the fans.

 

Apr 10, 2018 12:37pm
ClipperSisyphus
Offline
Last seen: 57 min 36 sec ago
Joined: Nov 1, 2011

Austin drives me crazier than Doc. The positive spin on Austin is his scoring is up. Of course it is up as are his minutes and shot attempts.

Every advanced metric like PER, Win Shares, TS%, etc. says the guy is a below average player, best suited as a bench player fighting for a MLE. Even the eye test shows a guy who will let anyone drive to the basket, miss a fair share of easy floaters and get hot from 3 about once every three games.

The nepotism perception is not worth what he brings to the table. Ty Wallace could easily replace Austin at a fraction of the salary and he is two years younger.

Why hasn't Plaschke jumped on this? He is never shy about bashing the Clippers.

 

Apr 10, 2018 12:48pm
V-Ice
Offline
Last seen: 20 min 20 sec ago
Joined: Nov 27, 2011
Bucks will ask permission to speak w Doc... that’s a given.
Apr 10, 2018 1:07pm
VFHS
Online
Last seen: 3 min 31 sec ago
Joined: Mar 8, 2013
ClipperSisyphus wrote:

Austin drives me crazier than Doc. The positive spin on Austin is his scoring is up. Of course it is up as are his minutes and shot attempts.

Every advanced metric like PER, Win Shares, TS%, etc. says the guy is a below average player, best suited as a bench player fighting for a MLE. Even the eye test shows a guy who will let anyone drive to the basket, miss a fair share of easy floaters and get hot from 3 about once every three games.

The nepotism perception is not worth what he brings to the table. Ty Wallace could easily replace Austin at a fraction of the salary and he is two years younger.

Why hasn't Plaschke jumped on this? He is never shy about bashing the Clippers.

 

It's not just the minutes and shot attempts. It's also how Doc runs lots of plays for Austin to pad his stats and allows our offense to slow to a crawl so Austin can keep up with the pace of the game. It's how Milos has been pigeonholed as a spot-up shooter so Austin can dominate the ball. Doc has shamelessly disregarded what's best for the team in order to promote what's best for his son's career. He literally only cares about his son's stats at this point. And they're STILL sub-mediocre. That should be the story, but instead, it's "Austin's scoring is up! And look at all the games we've won despite injuries; clearly it's all because of Doc and Austin!" And then they smugly dismiss anyone who criticizes the Rivers.
Apr 10, 2018 1:12pm
VFHS
Online
Last seen: 3 min 31 sec ago
Joined: Mar 8, 2013
trapp76 wrote:

VFHS wrote:

Doc SHOULD be fired if Ballmer's serious about winning. As a matter of fact, he should have been fired years ago after we choked to Houston. But knowing Ballmer's weird loyalty to Doc during his time as owner, I have serious doubts that it will happen.

The real fear is that Ballmer gives Doc another idiotic contract extension based on a transition year full of excuses. Doc's resume of declining win totals and declining postseason results every year would get any other coach fired, not extended. But again, Ballmer has some bizarre loyalty to Doc, so rational logic doesn't apply.

Also, it's not just the local media... all the prominent Clippers social media accounts and blogs have been pretending that Doc is a great coach and Austin is an NBA-caliber player all season too. That's even more disappointing, because the blogosphere is supposed to challenge the lazy narratives put forth by the team and the legacy media, not repeat them uncritically.

The local media and Clipper beat writers have been especially kind to Austin for some reason. They seem to be just relying on counting stats as evidence of his "improvement" every season. It's really lazy and non confrontational coverage. Markazi, Sheburne and Woike have all defended Austin. It's super dissapointing. Beat writers should be challenging this kind of stuff, especially after the Michael Eaves report after CP left and some of the comments made by former players like Barnes, Davis and Dudley, but they just don't. They don't want to rock the boat and they are more interested in access and being friends with the players/coaches than actually being critical. It's really weird. Its more symptomatic of a general sports coverage or even general media coverage problem I think nowadays. Good coverage being exchanged for access. It's a disservice to the fans.

 

It's honestly just as simple as this: Doc sucks up to the media and gives them easy soundbytes, so they kiss his ass in return. It's pathetic how lazy the media is. But I'm even more disappointed with the blogosphere and Clippers Twitter, because I expect more from actual fans of the team who watch all the games.
Apr 10, 2018 1:16pm
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 24 min ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

The media praising Austin is good for us though. It does both of the following: 1) Makes Austin think he's better than this current contract and increase his odds of opting out, and 2) Makes other teams become interested in Austin and want to leak word they are interested in him, which also increases the odds of an Austin trade or Austin opting out.

That's all good, no matter how annoying it is in the short term. We want everyone, Austin included, to think he's just too awesome for the Clippers right now. 

Apr 10, 2018 1:26pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 16 hours 10 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Mistwell wrote:

The media praising Austin is good for us though. It does both of the following: 1) Makes Austin think he's better than this current contract and increase his odds of opting out, and 2) Makes other teams become interested in Austin and want to leak word they are interested in him, which also increases the odds of an Austin trade or Austin opting out.

That's all good, no matter how annoying it is in the short term. We want everyone, Austin included, to think he's just too awesome for the Clippers right now. 

 

Doc will then just tell Ballmer that they have to pay that awesome guy.

Apr 10, 2018 1:35pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 16 hours 10 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

This is probably the best line to describe the Rivers situation.

 

Nov 16, 2017 8:37am SamIAm19 wrote:

We also have the Rivers Virus... so no... no success will happen until we are cured.

 

Nov 16, 2017 9:56am VFHS wrote:

The only reason we have the Rivers Virus is because CP0 refused to re-sign with us unless we hired Doc. People want to use the coaching, small forward and bench excuses for CP0, but those issues were all his fault. Maybe we get to the WCF once if CP0 shuts up and does his job instead of being an entitled diva. Sacks and Budenholzer could have found us a bench and a small forward.

 

 

Apr 10, 2018 2:55pm
trapp76
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 38 min ago
Joined: Oct 28, 2011

VFHS wrote:
trapp76 wrote:

VFHS wrote:

Doc SHOULD be fired if Ballmer's serious about winning. As a matter of fact, he should have been fired years ago after we choked to Houston. But knowing Ballmer's weird loyalty to Doc during his time as owner, I have serious doubts that it will happen.

The real fear is that Ballmer gives Doc another idiotic contract extension based on a transition year full of excuses. Doc's resume of declining win totals and declining postseason results every year would get any other coach fired, not extended. But again, Ballmer has some bizarre loyalty to Doc, so rational logic doesn't apply.

Also, it's not just the local media... all the prominent Clippers social media accounts and blogs have been pretending that Doc is a great coach and Austin is an NBA-caliber player all season too. That's even more disappointing, because the blogosphere is supposed to challenge the lazy narratives put forth by the team and the legacy media, not repeat them uncritically.

The local media and Clipper beat writers have been especially kind to Austin for some reason. They seem to be just relying on counting stats as evidence of his "improvement" every season. It's really lazy and non confrontational coverage. Markazi, Sheburne and Woike have all defended Austin. It's super dissapointing. Beat writers should be challenging this kind of stuff, especially after the Michael Eaves report after CP left and some of the comments made by former players like Barnes, Davis and Dudley, but they just don't. They don't want to rock the boat and they are more interested in access and being friends with the players/coaches than actually being critical. It's really weird. Its more symptomatic of a general sports coverage or even general media coverage problem I think nowadays. Good coverage being exchanged for access. It's a disservice to the fans.

 

It's honestly just as simple as this: Doc sucks up to the media and gives them easy soundbytes, so they kiss his ass in return. It's pathetic how lazy the media is. But I'm even more disappointed with the blogosphere and Clippers Twitter, because I expect more from actual fans of the team who watch all the games.

I know with Markazi, he teaches a journalism class at USC, and Doc occasionally lets his class sit in on the pressers after the game. It's kind of bullshit. It's clearly positive coverage in exchange for favors.

Apr 10, 2018 3:22pm
Dyce
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 17 min ago
Joined: Nov 27, 2011

VFHS wrote:
But I'm even more disappointed with the blogosphere and Clippers Twitter, because I expect more from actual fans of the team who watch all the games.

The few times I've gone over to check on the other Clipper forum they struck me as very misinformed.  

Apr 10, 2018 3:24pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 16 hours 10 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Dyce wrote:

VFHS wrote:
But I'm even more disappointed with the blogosphere and Clippers Twitter, because I expect more from actual fans of the team who watch all the games.

The few times I've gone over to check on the other Clipper forum they struck me as very misinformed.  

 

That's why DoubleTechnical's Clipper Talk is great.

Apr 10, 2018 4:28pm
SamIAm19
Offline
Last seen: 23 min 15 sec ago
Joined: Jan 21, 2013

nuraman00 wrote:

Dyce wrote:

VFHS wrote:
But I'm even more disappointed with the blogosphere and Clippers Twitter, because I expect more from actual fans of the team who watch all the games.

The few times I've gone over to check on the other Clipper forum they struck me as very misinformed.  

 

That's why DoubleTechnical's Clipper Talk is great.

 

There are some really REALLY stupid clipper fans on twitter

Apr 10, 2018 4:46pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 16 hours 10 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

SamIAm19 wrote:

nuraman00 wrote:

Dyce wrote:

VFHS wrote:
But I'm even more disappointed with the blogosphere and Clippers Twitter, because I expect more from actual fans of the team who watch all the games.

The few times I've gone over to check on the other Clipper forum they struck me as very misinformed.  

 

That's why DoubleTechnical's Clipper Talk is great.

 

There are some really REALLY stupid clipper fans on twitter

 

If you find good smart fans, then send them here.  

Apr 10, 2018 4:48pm
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 24 min ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

I think it's hilarious they banned even posting the url to this site at that other clippers message board. 

FB has some decent posts on Clippers...not a lot, but some. 

Apr 10, 2018 6:13pm
VFHS
Online
Last seen: 3 min 31 sec ago
Joined: Mar 8, 2013

trapp76 wrote:
I know with Markazi, he teaches a journalism class at USC, and Doc occasionally lets his class sit in on the pressers after the game. It's kind of bullshit. It's clearly positive coverage in exchange for favors.

I'm not surprised by this at all, but in fairness, Markazi is a huge LA homer anyway. He even defends the Spanos family and their terrible franchise. He'd still be making excuses for Doc even without the special favors.

Apr 10, 2018 7:18pm
SamIAm19
Offline
Last seen: 23 min 15 sec ago
Joined: Jan 21, 2013

There are Clipper fans that defended Doc for picking up Farmar on twitter. 

@TheJesseBeer

@clipperkyle

@clipsluv

@realfrank13

@rikdaddy

and theres this one girl i cant remember that blocked me because i called her out 

Apr 10, 2018 7:39pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 16 hours 10 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

SamIAm19 wrote:

There are Clipper fans that defended Doc for picking up Farmar on twitter. 

@TheJesseBeer

@clipperkyle

@clipsluv

@realfrank13

@rikdaddy

and theres this one girl i cant remember that blocked me because i called her out 

 

I don't know if @clipsluv is the same as the ESPN poster clipluv.  But if it's the same as the ESPN poster, can you get her to come here?  That ESPN poster was one of the few female posters.

 

 

Apr 11, 2018 5:29am
Dyce
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 17 min ago
Joined: Nov 27, 2011
Apr 11, 2018 8:59am
ClipperSisyphus
Offline
Last seen: 57 min 36 sec ago
Joined: Nov 1, 2011

Dyce wrote:

Doc article

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23092424/nba-did-doc-rivers-make-los-angeles-clippers-break-them

 

And there is your Doc trying to save his job story.

Reference 2008 Celtics championship? Check

Mention Austin is getting better? Check

Mention it was personalities no longer on the team that kept the team from winning a championship? Check

If Doc stays, no extension and no Austin.

Apr 11, 2018 1:27pm
JGlanton
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 19 min ago
Joined: Oct 9, 2011

trapp76 wrote:

VFHS wrote:

Doc SHOULD be fired if Ballmer's serious about winning. As a matter of fact, he should have been fired years ago after we choked to Houston. But knowing Ballmer's weird loyalty to Doc during his time as owner, I have serious doubts that it will happen.

The real fear is that Ballmer gives Doc another idiotic contract extension based on a transition year full of excuses. Doc's resume of declining win totals and declining postseason results every year would get any other coach fired, not extended. But again, Ballmer has some bizarre loyalty to Doc, so rational logic doesn't apply.

Also, it's not just the local media... all the prominent Clippers social media accounts and blogs have been pretending that Doc is a great coach and Austin is an NBA-caliber player all season too. That's even more disappointing, because the blogosphere is supposed to challenge the lazy narratives put forth by the team and the legacy media, not repeat them uncritically.

The local media and Clipper beat writers have been especially kind to Austin for some reason. They seem to be just relying on counting stats as evidence of his "improvement" every season. It's really lazy and non confrontational coverage. Markazi, Sheburne and Woike have all defended Austin. It's super dissapointing. Beat writers should be challenging this kind of stuff, especially after the Michael Eaves report after CP left and some of the comments made by former players like Barnes, Davis and Dudley, but they just don't. They don't want to rock the boat and they are more interested in access and being friends with the players/coaches than actually being critical. It's really weird. Its more symptomatic of a general sports coverage or even general media coverage problem I think nowadays. Good coverage being exchanged for access. It's a disservice to the fans.

 

Yup.  It's what most sportswriters and radio personalities do.  Most of them seem really weak when it comes to evaluation player performance objectively.  They seem as star-struck as the average fan with celebrity-athletes

Apr 11, 2018 2:35pm
trapp76
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 38 min ago
Joined: Oct 28, 2011

JGlanton wrote:

trapp76 wrote:

VFHS wrote:

Doc SHOULD be fired if Ballmer's serious about winning. As a matter of fact, he should have been fired years ago after we choked to Houston. But knowing Ballmer's weird loyalty to Doc during his time as owner, I have serious doubts that it will happen.

The real fear is that Ballmer gives Doc another idiotic contract extension based on a transition year full of excuses. Doc's resume of declining win totals and declining postseason results every year would get any other coach fired, not extended. But again, Ballmer has some bizarre loyalty to Doc, so rational logic doesn't apply.

Also, it's not just the local media... all the prominent Clippers social media accounts and blogs have been pretending that Doc is a great coach and Austin is an NBA-caliber player all season too. That's even more disappointing, because the blogosphere is supposed to challenge the lazy narratives put forth by the team and the legacy media, not repeat them uncritically.

The local media and Clipper beat writers have been especially kind to Austin for some reason. They seem to be just relying on counting stats as evidence of his "improvement" every season. It's really lazy and non confrontational coverage. Markazi, Sheburne and Woike have all defended Austin. It's super dissapointing. Beat writers should be challenging this kind of stuff, especially after the Michael Eaves report after CP left and some of the comments made by former players like Barnes, Davis and Dudley, but they just don't. They don't want to rock the boat and they are more interested in access and being friends with the players/coaches than actually being critical. It's really weird. Its more symptomatic of a general sports coverage or even general media coverage problem I think nowadays. Good coverage being exchanged for access. It's a disservice to the fans.

 

Yup.  It's what most sportswriters and radio personalities do.  Most of them seem really weak when it comes to evaluation player performance objectively.  They seem as star-struck as the average fan with celebrity-athletes

It didn't used to be this way though. 

Apr 11, 2018 3:53pm
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 24 min ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

ClipperSisyphus wrote:

Dyce wrote:

Doc article

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23092424/nba-did-doc-rivers-make-los-angeles-clippers-break-them

 

And there is your Doc trying to save his job story.

Reference 2008 Celtics championship? Check

Mention Austin is getting better? Check

Mention it was personalities no longer on the team that kept the team from winning a championship? Check

If Doc stays, no extension and no Austin.

I disagree. This is not Doc trying to save his job.

This is Doc trying to get another job elsewhere. Possibly in a trade. 

Apr 11, 2018 3:57pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 16 hours 10 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Mistwell wrote:

ClipperSisyphus wrote:

Dyce wrote:

Doc article

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23092424/nba-did-doc-rivers-make-los-angeles-clippers-break-them

 

And there is your Doc trying to save his job story.

Reference 2008 Celtics championship? Check

Mention Austin is getting better? Check

Mention it was personalities no longer on the team that kept the team from winning a championship? Check

If Doc stays, no extension and no Austin.

I disagree. This is not Doc trying to save his job.

This is Doc trying to get another job elsewhere. Possibly in a trade. 

 

He will be able to get a job in the NBA until he's in his late 60s.  He doesn't need any promotion.  There are enough executives around the league that would consider him.

Apr 11, 2018 4:01pm
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 24 min ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

nuraman00 wrote:

Mistwell wrote:

ClipperSisyphus wrote:

Dyce wrote:

Doc article

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23092424/nba-did-doc-rivers-make-los-angeles-clippers-break-them

 

And there is your Doc trying to save his job story.

Reference 2008 Celtics championship? Check

Mention Austin is getting better? Check

Mention it was personalities no longer on the team that kept the team from winning a championship? Check

If Doc stays, no extension and no Austin.

I disagree. This is not Doc trying to save his job.

This is Doc trying to get another job elsewhere. Possibly in a trade. 

 

He will be able to get a job in the NBA until he's in his late 60s.  He doesn't need any promotion.  There are enough executives around the league that would consider him.

Oh sure SOMEONE will offer him a job....but he's expanding the pool of owners who are thinking about him, but keeping his name in the public in a positive way.

There wasn't anything in that article which Balmer didn't already know. But there were things other owners might not know or remember. 

Apr 13, 2018 3:59pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 16 hours 10 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

nuraman00 wrote:

SamIAm19 wrote:

There are Clipper fans that defended Doc for picking up Farmar on twitter. 

@TheJesseBeer

@clipperkyle

@clipsluv

@realfrank13

@rikdaddy

and theres this one girl i cant remember that blocked me because i called her out 

 

I don't know if @clipsluv is the same as the ESPN poster clipluv.  But if it's the same as the ESPN poster, can you get her to come here?  That ESPN poster was one of the few female posters.

 

 

 

@V-Ice, @Mistwell, or someone with Twitter.  Can you ask @clipsluv if they are clippluv from the ESPN boards?  And if so, can you invite them here?

Apr 13, 2018 5:13pm
VFHS
Online
Last seen: 3 min 31 sec ago
Joined: Mar 8, 2013
ClipperSisyphus wrote:

Dyce wrote:

Doc article

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23092424/nba-did-doc-rivers-make-los-angeles-clippers-break-them

 

And there is your Doc trying to save his job story.

Reference 2008 Celtics championship? Check

Mention Austin is getting better? Check

Mention it was personalities no longer on the team that kept the team from winning a championship? Check

If Doc stays, no extension and no Austin.

You were right. And, as usual, Doc's shtick worked on Ballmer. It's unbelievably pathetic that our owner is the coach's puppet. This could only happen to the Clippers.
Apr 14, 2018 10:06am
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 24 min ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

nuraman00 wrote:

nuraman00 wrote:

SamIAm19 wrote:

There are Clipper fans that defended Doc for picking up Farmar on twitter. 

@TheJesseBeer

@clipperkyle

@clipsluv

@realfrank13

@rikdaddy

and theres this one girl i cant remember that blocked me because i called her out 

 

I don't know if @clipsluv is the same as the ESPN poster clipluv.  But if it's the same as the ESPN poster, can you get her to come here?  That ESPN poster was one of the few female posters.

 

 

 

@V-Ice, @Mistwell, or someone with Twitter.  Can you ask @clipsluv if they are clippluv from the ESPN boards?  And if so, can you invite them here?

 

Sure. I asked. Let's see what happens. 

Apr 14, 2018 4:32pm
pageC4
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 9 hours ago
Joined: Jul 24, 2014

Dyce wrote:

VFHS wrote:
But I'm even more disappointed with the blogosphere and Clippers Twitter, because I expect more from actual fans of the team who watch all the games.

The few times I've gone over to check on the other Clipper forum they struck me as very misinformed.  

go check out clippersnewssurge.com. You'll be shocked how many proDoc, proAustin, and proCP3 fans there are

Apr 14, 2018 5:53pm
VFHS
Online
Last seen: 3 min 31 sec ago
Joined: Mar 8, 2013
pageC4 wrote:

Dyce wrote:

VFHS wrote:
But I'm even more disappointed with the blogosphere and Clippers Twitter, because I expect more from actual fans of the team who watch all the games.

The few times I've gone over to check on the other Clipper forum they struck me as very misinformed.  

go check out clippersnewssurge.com. You'll be shocked how many proDoc, proAustin, and proCP3 fans there are

Those are the casual bandwagon "fans since 2011." No REAL fan of the Clippers supports Doc, Austin or CP0.
Apr 14, 2018 6:32pm
pageC4
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 9 hours ago
Joined: Jul 24, 2014

VFHS wrote:
pageC4 wrote:

Dyce wrote:

VFHS wrote:
But I'm even more disappointed with the blogosphere and Clippers Twitter, because I expect more from actual fans of the team who watch all the games.

The few times I've gone over to check on the other Clipper forum they struck me as very misinformed.  

go check out clippersnewssurge.com. You'll be shocked how many proDoc, proAustin, and proCP3 fans there are

Those are the casual bandwagon "fans since 2011." No REAL fan of the Clippers supports Doc, Austin or CP0.
they would run you out of that forum for speaking I'll about those guys mentioned lol. Be glad the posters here are more in tune with what's really going on.

Apr 14, 2018 11:25pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 16 hours 10 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Mistwell wrote:

nuraman00 wrote:

nuraman00 wrote:

SamIAm19 wrote:

There are Clipper fans that defended Doc for picking up Farmar on twitter. 

@TheJesseBeer

@clipperkyle

@clipsluv

@realfrank13

@rikdaddy

and theres this one girl i cant remember that blocked me because i called her out 

 

I don't know if @clipsluv is the same as the ESPN poster clipluv.  But if it's the same as the ESPN poster, can you get her to come here?  That ESPN poster was one of the few female posters.

 

 

 

@V-Ice, @Mistwell, or someone with Twitter.  Can you ask @clipsluv if they are clippluv from the ESPN boards?  And if so, can you invite them here?

 

Sure. I asked. Let's see what happens. 

 

Thanks!

Apr 15, 2018 11:14am
trapp76
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 38 min ago
Joined: Oct 28, 2011

VFHS wrote:
pageC4 wrote:

Dyce wrote:

VFHS wrote:
But I'm even more disappointed with the blogosphere and Clippers Twitter, because I expect more from actual fans of the team who watch all the games.

The few times I've gone over to check on the other Clipper forum they struck me as very misinformed.  

go check out clippersnewssurge.com. You'll be shocked how many proDoc, proAustin, and proCP3 fans there are

Those are the casual bandwagon "fans since 2011." No REAL fan of the Clippers supports Doc, Austin or CP0.

No real Clipper fan leaves his avatar as a picture of a player who trashed the Clipper organization without provocation and has been gone for 3 months.