#64 - Cleveland Cavaliers @ LA Clippers

2018
LA Clippers LA Clippers
Cleveland Cavaliers Cleveland Cavaliers
Mar 8, 2018 9:09pm
Olowokandi34
Offline
Last seen: 22 min 20 sec ago
Joined: Jan 4, 2012

Clips -1.5 O/U 230

Vegas likes us again.  Must win game!

Mar 8, 2018 9:09pm
Olowokandi34
Offline
Last seen: 22 min 20 sec ago
Joined: Jan 4, 2012

Clips -1.5 O/U 230

Vegas likes us again.  Must win game!

Mar 8, 2018 10:36pm
Clipps
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 19 min ago
Joined: May 4, 2015

Go Clippers, Lakers, Warriors, Wizards and Grizzlies.

Mar 9, 2018 10:40am
clipsentuboca
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 25 min ago
Joined: Dec 6, 2011

down to -1, so the money is going on the Cavs.

I kinda like the Lakes +7 tonight in Denver. They've been playing some pretty good ball lately and should keep it close. Jokic tends to have big games, like the other night vs Cavs, then disappear or give an average performance. For how seemingly slow he seems to move and how out-of-shape he looks the guy is quite effective. Strange, hybrid breed of top young players out there (towns, yannis, kp).  

Mar 9, 2018 10:48am
V-Ice
Offline
Last seen: 47 min 44 sec ago
Joined: Nov 27, 2011

So we are favorites? Is LeQueen playing?

Mar 9, 2018 11:51am
clipsentuboca
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 25 min ago
Joined: Dec 6, 2011

wonder if any retarded CLipper fans will have the #LAbron sign out

Mar 9, 2018 12:11pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 4 hours ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

clipsentuboca wrote:

wonder if any retarded CLipper fans will have the #LAbron sign out

 

Yes, they will.

Mar 9, 2018 1:01pm
clipsentuboca
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 25 min ago
Joined: Dec 6, 2011

oh, you going to the game?

jk nurm. Some friendly smack talk in case team clipsentuboca matches up w you in first round. Think I’ll get clip it good. Totally screwed rwgardless w the tied breakers so it’ll be real tough to advance.

Mar 10, 2018 9:05am
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 4 sec ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

Good victory. Unfortunately a lot of other games in the NBA did not go the way we wanted them to go. 

Mar 10, 2018 9:27am
JGlanton
Offline
Last seen: 20 min 8 sec ago
Joined: Oct 9, 2011

Clips played with energy and toughness last night.  They managed to withstand the daunting Lebron-led 3rd quarter run. Great game.  Our bigs ruled. Cleveland had no answer to strong big men.

Mar 10, 2018 9:48am
clipsentuboca
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 25 min ago
Joined: Dec 6, 2011

wore em out last night. A pretty thorough domination and actually kinda surprised how seemless a victory it was. Wonder how the Cavs will do tonight again 

Montrezl with the new do looks a bit like The Predator out there "I will back you down with ease, baby sky hook in your face, then fire up the crowd".

Mar 10, 2018 10:12am
Admin
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 5 days ago
Joined: Jul 7, 2011

Key to second round = Boban?

Mar 10, 2018 10:12am
Clippers1121
Offline
Last seen: 6 days 2 hours ago
Joined: Nov 15, 2011

It sounded like a Lakers crowd by the way they were cheering when Clarkson hit a three in the third quarter.  And everybody was cheering whenever Lebron did anything.  Understandable?  No.  It should be a Clippers crowd cheering for our team.  Loved what Thornwell did in the first quarter.  Good D on Lebron and added his best scoring quarter of the year.  He plays like that every game and who needs Wallace.  Like I pointed out numerous times we needed to bench Teodosic because of his poor defense.  We did and we finally got off to a decent first quarter by holding the Cavs to less than 30 in that quarter.  Teodosic belongs with the reserves so he can be a sieve for the second stringers where it is not that important.  Lou was pretty cold most of the night but other guys made up for it like Harrell.  All in all a great win that we needed badly.

Mar 10, 2018 10:16am
JGlanton
Offline
Last seen: 20 min 8 sec ago
Joined: Oct 9, 2011

When Milos came in off the bench, CLE ran their first 2 plays against him in iso, which he effectively stopped and used up valuable CLE clock time.  He can be an adequate defender in the half court.  When the game speed picks up, though, fuggedaboudit.

Mar 10, 2018 10:16am
JGlanton
Offline
Last seen: 20 min 8 sec ago
Joined: Oct 9, 2011

When Milos came in off the bench, CLE ran their first 2 plays against him in iso, which he effectively stopped and used up valuable CLE clock time.  He can be an adequate defender in the half court.  When the game speed picks up, though, fuggedaboudit.

Mar 10, 2018 10:16am
Clippers1121
Offline
Last seen: 6 days 2 hours ago
Joined: Nov 15, 2011

What is with this site.  It asks me a math question before it will accept my post and then the thing does not allow me to edit my post.  I guess the admin is changing this message board.   I guess this will prevent bots from making posts.  Whatever.

Mar 10, 2018 10:21am
Admin
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 5 days ago
Joined: Jul 7, 2011

We got wrapped up in this:
https://www.techspot.com/news/73522-github-hit-massive-ddos-attack.html

 

So I had to update and patch some stuff. I've removed the captcha on comments. Still working on getting things back to normal.

Sorry for the hiccups.

Mar 10, 2018 10:32am
Clippers1121
Offline
Last seen: 6 days 2 hours ago
Joined: Nov 15, 2011

Thanks for the information.  This site has been up and down the last week.  Hopefully, we get some stability now.   I don't think we need to do math to post so removing it is a good idea IMO.  Appreciate this site and all the fine work you do for us despite the hiccups.

Mar 10, 2018 10:54am
Admin
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 5 days ago
Joined: Jul 7, 2011

Side note: You can now post individual tweets and the site will pull it in.

 

Mar 10, 2018 11:03am
clipsentuboca
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 25 min ago
Joined: Dec 6, 2011

is the Edit button gone now? Hope not I always make spelling errors.

What's going on with the stability and the whole SQL database issue? Feels like the old days lately ;o . Well, not quite that bad where it would be done for day/weeks on end. This is the best part of the season and we need the site up, baby.

Mar 10, 2018 11:13am
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 4 hours ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Admin wrote:

Side note: You can now post individual tweets and the site will pull it in.

 

 

Yup, I posted about that last month here:

 

nuraman00 wrote:

nuraman00 wrote:

Maybe I missed it, but where does it say Griffin was deferring to Williams as a leader?

 

Ok, I finally found it.  It was in Anthony Turgman's tweet at 7:41 PM.

 

On the other hand, this is second hand information.  It's depending on how accurately he is relaying West's words.

 

I haven't followed him before, so I don't know how accurate he is.

 

 

 

 

nuraman00 wrote:

Wow, we can embed tweets now.

 

 

 

 

Mar 10, 2018 11:14am
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 4 hours ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

clipsentuboca wrote:

is the Edit button gone now? Hope not I always make spelling errors.

 

 

Same here.

Mar 10, 2018 11:16am
Clipps
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 19 min ago
Joined: May 4, 2015

Good news is, either the Spurs or Thunder will lose tonight.

Mar 10, 2018 11:19am
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 4 hours ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Admin wrote:

We got wrapped up in this:
https://www.techspot.com/news/73522-github-hit-massive-ddos-attack.html

 

So I had to update and patch some stuff. I've removed the captcha on comments. Still working on getting things back to normal.

Sorry for the hiccups.

 

Thanks for explaining.

 

I see you're busy preventing / responding to DDOS attacks.

 

Is there any way you can also do these three things?

 

1)  Fix this unreadable thread:

 

http://www.clippertalk.com/topic/mbah-moute-has-57-game

 

2) Bring these emoticons back:

 

http://www.clippertalk.com/comment/94388#comment-94388

 

3)  Fix the year selector in the calendar in the search so that we can select years prior to 2015?

 

It seems that the drop down is limited to 7 years.

 

When it was 2016, I could see years 2013 - 2019.

 

When it was 2017, I could see years 2014 - 2020.

 

Can you do it so that any year from 2011 (the first year of this forum) to the current year is shown in the drop down?

 

I realize that this means the year drop down will grow every year, but that's ok.  Better than making it hard to search for posts prior to a certain year.

 

After a while, even when using the "less than" filter, it will include so many years because we can't select a year prior to a certain year, that we will get too many results back.  It's already the case when selecting years less than 2015, because that already includes 3.5 years of posts.

Mar 10, 2018 11:36am
pro100
Offline
Last seen: 17 hours 9 min ago
Joined: Jan 17, 2012

Avery Bradley could be expendable if Thronwell continues to play like this. A guy you can always sic on the oppostions star player is priceless. Here's a hot take for the day- Montrez is going to make the all star game sometime in the very near future. If we can somehow get Ty back on this team we're going to be a problem

Mar 10, 2018 11:55am
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 4 hours ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Admin wrote:

We got wrapped up in this:
https://www.techspot.com/news/73522-github-hit-massive-ddos-attack.html

 

So I had to update and patch some stuff. I've removed the captcha on comments. Still working on getting things back to normal.

Sorry for the hiccups.

 

Git hub is where the code is hosed, right?

 

How does that affect the site?

 

Was there an attack on the application server?

Mar 10, 2018 11:55am
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 4 hours ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

* hosted.

Mar 10, 2018 12:01pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 4 hours ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

What did everyone think of the gesundheit joke?

 

After Zicic came in and Lawler announced him, Bowen said "gesundheit".

 

 

Mar 10, 2018 12:02pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 4 hours ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Lawler also said "Settle Down" yesterday.  He just didn't add the "Mike Smith" part.

Mar 10, 2018 1:29pm
trapp76
Offline
Last seen: 48 min 9 sec ago
Joined: Oct 28, 2011

Admin wrote:

Side note: You can now post individual tweets and the site will pull it in.

 

That's a good addition. Need the edit button back though.

Mar 10, 2018 2:41pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 4 hours ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Clippers1121 wrote:

What is with this site.  It asks me a math question before it will accept my post and then the thing does not allow me to edit my post.  I guess the admin is changing this message board.   I guess this will prevent bots from making posts.  Whatever.

 

Some day, we're going to laugh about the time Clippers1121 had to answer a math question before he could submit a post.

Mar 10, 2018 5:46pm
Admin
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 5 days ago
Joined: Jul 7, 2011

nuraman00 wrote:

3)  Fix the year selector in the calendar in the search so that we can select years prior to 2015?

 

It seems that the drop down is limited to 7 years.

 

When it was 2016, I could see years 2013 - 2019.

 

When it was 2017, I could see years 2014 - 2020.

 

Can you do it so that any year from 2011 (the first year of this forum) to the current year is shown in the drop down?

 

I realize that this means the year drop down will grow every year, but that's ok.  Better than making it hard to search for posts prior to a certain year.

 

After a while, even when using the "less than" filter, it will include so many years because we can't select a year prior to a certain year, that we will get too many results back.  It's already the case when selecting years less than 2015, because that already includes 3.5 years of posts.

I updated search to display the past 10 years in the drop down.

Mar 11, 2018 11:27am (Reply to #32)
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 4 hours ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Admin wrote:

nuraman00 wrote:

3)  Fix the year selector in the calendar in the search so that we can select years prior to 2015?

 

It seems that the drop down is limited to 7 years.

 

When it was 2016, I could see years 2013 - 2019.

 

When it was 2017, I could see years 2014 - 2020.

 

Can you do it so that any year from 2011 (the first year of this forum) to the current year is shown in the drop down?

 

I realize that this means the year drop down will grow every year, but that's ok.  Better than making it hard to search for posts prior to a certain year.

 

After a while, even when using the "less than" filter, it will include so many years because we can't select a year prior to a certain year, that we will get too many results back.  It's already the case when selecting years less than 2015, because that already includes 3.5 years of posts.

I updated search to display the past 10 years in the drop down.

 

Awesome!  Love the updates.

 

I don't see it though?  Do I need to clear my browser cache?

 

Mar 16, 2018 2:39pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 4 hours ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

nuraman00 wrote:

Admin wrote:

 

I updated search to display the past 10 years in the drop down.

 

Awesome!  Love the updates.

 

I don't see it though?  Do I need to clear my browser cache?

 

 

Bump, is this still a work in progress?

Mar 25, 2018 10:24am
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 4 hours ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

nuraman00 wrote:

nuraman00 wrote:

Admin wrote:

 

I updated search to display the past 10 years in the drop down.

 

Awesome!  Love the updates.

 

I don't see it though?  Do I need to clear my browser cache?

 

 

Bump, is this still a work in progress?

 

Bump?

Apr 12, 2018 4:47pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 4 hours ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

nuraman00 wrote:

nuraman00 wrote:

nuraman00 wrote:

Admin wrote:

 

I updated search to display the past 10 years in the drop down.

 

Awesome!  Love the updates.

 

I don't see it though?  Do I need to clear my browser cache?

 

 

Bump, is this still a work in progress?

 

Bump?

 

Bump @ DoubleTechnical?