#4 - LA Clippers @ Utah Jazz

LA Clippers LA Clippers
Utah Jazz Utah Jazz

#4 - LA Clippers @ Utah Jazz

Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 6:00pm
Apr 23, 2017 5:37pm
Olowokandi34
Offline
Last seen: 51 min ago
Joined: Jan 4, 2012

Jazz -4, O/U 195.5

Gobert is back 

Apr 23, 2017 6:07pm
jnhuashopper
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 6 min ago
Joined: Jul 4, 2012

Stifel tower is very underrated.  He will have an impact on the game with his defense.  I'm just hoping he's still hurt and not 100%.

Apr 23, 2017 6:08pm
clipsentuboca
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 21 hours ago
Joined: Dec 6, 2011

rudy from cosby show

Apr 23, 2017 6:25pm
dane
Online
Last seen: 6 min 45 sec ago
Joined: Dec 29, 2012

Pierce is in.  WE'RE SAVED!

Apr 23, 2017 6:30pm
Clipps
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 43 min ago
Joined: May 4, 2015

dane wrote:

Pierce is in.  WE'RE SAVED!

That is game.
Apr 23, 2017 6:33pm
Clipps
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 43 min ago
Joined: May 4, 2015

Crawfish is getting boiled early.

Apr 23, 2017 6:55pm
Clipps
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 43 min ago
Joined: May 4, 2015
Sleights is getting destroyed by Rudy.
Apr 23, 2017 7:01pm
Hitnrun24
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 14 hours ago
Joined: Dec 6, 2011

We're playing well, Utah is not except for Favors and mismatch killer Joe Johnson. Luckily they have their own Pierce, now that Blake is out there is no reason for Snyder to play Diaw. It's like Doc expecting anything but bad things to happen defensively with Paul Pierce, Speights, and Jamal on the court together. Golden St. will go on a couple 25-4 runs on that lineup to end that series

Apr 23, 2017 7:01pm
Hitnrun24
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 14 hours ago
Joined: Dec 6, 2011

Clipps wrote:
Sleights is getting destroyed by Rudy.

 

He needs to stop challenging him, the guy can block shots especially his ground bound ones even with a bum knee.

Apr 23, 2017 7:05pm
Hitnrun24
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 14 hours ago
Joined: Dec 6, 2011

More Pierce, what the fuckkk

Apr 23, 2017 7:23pm
Hitnrun24
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 14 hours ago
Joined: Dec 6, 2011

Offseason plan: Resign Paul, Blake, Luc, Redick then trade Blake and JJ at the deadline

Apr 23, 2017 7:27pm
MadFlabby
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 6 min ago
Joined: Dec 6, 2011
Bass over Pierce for the love of god!!!!
Apr 23, 2017 7:37pm
gilp5
Offline
Last seen: 19 min 5 sec ago
Joined: Dec 5, 2011

Hayward out for the second half.

Apr 23, 2017 7:39pm
Hitnrun24
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 14 hours ago
Joined: Dec 6, 2011

We are getting lucky, I don't know if they have the offense to hold us off without him

Apr 23, 2017 7:56pm
Hitnrun24
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 14 hours ago
Joined: Dec 6, 2011

We can finish the series here, we just have to come through. Doc can't throw this game away it'll go a long way towards the next round

Apr 23, 2017 8:03pm
Hitnrun24
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 14 hours ago
Joined: Dec 6, 2011

Jamal is having the win the game for you game, glad he is having one this year. Him and Paul have been great. Paul just can't ever afford to be bad, I wish national realized this. Every other superstar can win on off nights

Apr 23, 2017 8:12pm
Olowokandi34
Offline
Last seen: 51 min ago
Joined: Jan 4, 2012

Jamal is on fire!

Apr 23, 2017 8:21pm
tullabye
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 55 min ago
Joined: Nov 11, 2011

Hitnrun24 wrote:

Jamal is having the win the game for you game, glad he is having one this year. Him and Paul have been great. Paul just can't ever afford to be bad, I wish national realized this. Every other superstar can win on off nights

Rewind... he's had a few

Apr 23, 2017 8:27pm
Hitnrun24
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 14 hours ago
Joined: Dec 6, 2011

Joe Johnson will be a Clipper in 3 years

Apr 23, 2017 8:34pm
Hitnrun24
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 14 hours ago
Joined: Dec 6, 2011

If only Redick was 20% the player Joe Johnson is come playoff time, it's just crazy the ways role players on these other teams always outplay or supposed good players

Apr 23, 2017 8:38pm
Olowokandi34
Offline
Last seen: 51 min ago
Joined: Jan 4, 2012

Lucky we have Wesley Johnson instead of Ingles. Thanks doc 

Apr 23, 2017 8:39pm
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 3 min ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

Well that was a depressing end to what was otherwise a good game. Should have had that one. 

Apr 23, 2017 8:39pm
MadFlabby
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 6 min ago
Joined: Dec 6, 2011
Ding Dang Darnit.
Apr 23, 2017 8:41pm
Hitnrun24
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 14 hours ago
Joined: Dec 6, 2011

This Joe Johnson thing is just crazy. We really can't afford to have both JJ and Jamal on the court together when he's in down the stretch. When they get them switched onto him they are just dead ducks and we either have to help or he scores at will

Apr 23, 2017 8:53pm
MadFlabby
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 6 min ago
Joined: Dec 6, 2011
Jj has been horrible. I vote for a non-resign. Never comes up in the playoffs and kills us defensively when his shots aren't falling. Rather have Austin out there.
Apr 23, 2017 9:21pm
Hitnrun24
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 14 hours ago
Joined: Dec 6, 2011

We can't win with these small guards

Apr 23, 2017 9:50pm
jnhuashopper
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 6 min ago
Joined: Jul 4, 2012

Hitnrun24 wrote:

Offseason plan: Resign Paul, Blake, Luc, Redick then trade Blake and JJ at the deadline

#1 task, fire Doc as GM.  Fire Doc as coach, playing Pierce and making no adjustments.

Apr 23, 2017 9:56pm
jnhuashopper
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 6 min ago
Joined: Jul 4, 2012

Well, hats off to Jazz.  They play team basketball final 5 minutes, swinging the ball, not forcing anything while Clippers play hero ball.  Jamal going one on five, trying to be the hero, losing the ball, erratic shots and erratic lay-ups.  Ingles, Hood, Johnson wide open threes.  Johnson and Hood took shots given to them.  Jamal had a great 3 quarters but decide to play hero ball.

JJ is lost in this series.  Forcing up shots.  Putting ball on fall, not making the right decision and what's worse, lost in defensive assignments.  Switch and switch back, giving Joe Johnson a wide open three.  He caused a lot of four and five point switches through out the game.  We couldn't get any separation and Jazz was offensively challenge with no Hayward and he made some uncharacteric bone headed plays and missed some defensive assignments.

Apr 23, 2017 10:32pm
Clipps
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 43 min ago
Joined: May 4, 2015

This was game 5. The curse lives on.

Apr 23, 2017 10:34pm
Clipps
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 43 min ago
Joined: May 4, 2015

Mistwell. How bout them Crafords

Apr 23, 2017 10:51pm
Clipps
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 43 min ago
Joined: May 4, 2015

Clippers had the game. This was a repeat of the Rockets game. Where was CP3 in the 4th quarter? Why let these guys control the Clippers? We lost to the fuckin Jazz. Starting over is a horrible idea for some of you. Let's take risks. Get rid of Doc, Blake, Pauls thirty two of him. Let them all go. I hope they prove me wrong

Apr 24, 2017 8:44am
mannycoon
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 34 min ago
Joined: Nov 2, 2011

Redick shooting poorly or struggling to get open, that would be bad enough, but the turnovers are inexcusable, 10 turnovers in 4 games for a guy that doesn't create much and usually protects the ball pretty well is killer, it's about the worst playoff performance I've seen from just about anyone.

Apr 24, 2017 9:22am
V-Ice
Offline
Last seen: 48 min 53 sec ago
Joined: Nov 27, 2011

Both CP3 and JC were gassed in the 4th quarter. No one else picked up there game... Just sad. The Jazz had JJ come up huge in the 4th, Hood made a couple of 3's, Exum and Ingles came up huge as well. Give them props. 

Apr 24, 2017 10:04am
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 3 min ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

Clipps wrote:

Mistwell. How bout them Crafords

He played very well.  But-for Crawford, we would have had no prayer that game. All the haters, tell me again how Crawford is never effective in the playoffs? 71.4% from 3pt, 69.2% FG%, 25 points, tell me how that can all be easily replaced by some scrubs like so many on this board think it an be? Sure, he doesn't defend or rebound, but scoring efficiently is very valuable, particularly for a bench player on a reasonable contract. 

Apr 24, 2017 10:06am
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 3 min ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

Clipps wrote:

Clippers had the game. This was a repeat of the Rockets game. Where was CP3 in the 4th quarter? Why let these guys control the Clippers? We lost to the fuckin Jazz. Starting over is a horrible idea for some of you. Let's take risks. Get rid of Doc, Blake, Pauls thirty two of him. Let them all go. I hope they prove me wrong

I think CP3 proved he's a keeper no matter what. DJ too is worth keeping. Blake...well, I am frustrated.  Not ready to say we should let him go, he's done so much for this team, but he's slumping this past two years and unless I can see some hope of him coming out of it, I am not so sure anymore. 

Apr 24, 2017 10:27am
mannycoon
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 34 min ago
Joined: Nov 2, 2011

Crawford had a good first three quarters, but this game and series are a good illustration of his limitations.  First he had three poor games leading up to this one, so despite going off his overall offensive efficiency for the series is still poor and the other main issue is that he can't defend anyone, especially if we use him at SF.  Overall the wing players for Jazz are outplaying ours because they are bigger, tougher and team players who are better at picking their spots rather than feast or famine hero ball.

Clearly though he's doing more than Redick is this series, who been just awful.

Apr 24, 2017 10:29am
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 3 min ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

mannycoon wrote:

Crawford had a good first three quarters, but this game and series are a good illustration of his limitations.  First he had three poor games leading up to this one, so despite going off his overall offensive efficiency for the series is still poor and the other main issue is that he can't defend anyone, especially if we use him at SF.  Overall the wing players for Jazz are outplaying ours because they are bigger, tougher and team players who are better at picking their spots rather than feast or famine hero ball.

Clearly though he's doing more than Redick is this series, who been just awful.

He's a backup who has done more than two of the starters. Actually...perhaps three of the starters depending on how you look at Blake. He's probably been the third best player on the team these playoffs overall. 

Apr 24, 2017 10:32am
trapp76
Offline
Last seen: 16 hours 8 min ago
Joined: Oct 28, 2011

If only CP could guard Joe Johnson, we would have swept this series.

Johnson was just unbelievable down the stretch of that game last night, Luc was even on him most of that time, and he was taking him every time. He was just on fire.

Ingles really impressed me too, he seemed to get into the paint at will and make plays, especially in the first half. 

Our lack of size on the wings really gets us into trouble in the playoffs.

Redick has been a no-show pretty much the entire series offensively too, he is pressing and that makes it worse by causing turnovers. 

We are still in the series and we still have home-court advantage but Utah has the momentum back.

Worst thing about that game is that we wasted a huge performance from Crawford, we aren't likely to get that kind of performance from him again the rest of the series.

Apr 24, 2017 10:43am
htownfan
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 46 min ago
Joined: May 7, 2015

Mistwell wrote:

Clipps wrote:

Mistwell. How bout them Crafords

He played very well.  But-for Crawford, we would have had no prayer that game. All the haters, tell me again how Crawford is never effective in the playoffs? 71.4% from 3pt, 69.2% FG%, 25 points, tell me how that can all be easily replaced by some scrubs like so many on this board think it an be? Sure, he doesn't defend or rebound, but scoring efficiently is very valuable, particularly for a bench player on a reasonable contract. 

Crawford finally has a good game and you firing back on the haters?  He was due to have a decent game..... Even a broken clock is right twice a day.  Hasn't he been terrible the whole series? When it came to crunch time he and Paul both came up a little short and JJ was just straight putting the Jazz on his back.  Hard to believe this series is tied with all the lucky breaks you guys have been getting with Gobert out the first 3 games and Heyward basically out this last game I assumed the rest of the talent on your team would carry you to a series lead even without Blake.  Its gonna be tough now but its still possible

Apr 24, 2017 10:46am
dane
Online
Last seen: 6 min 45 sec ago
Joined: Dec 29, 2012

Troll alert.

Apr 24, 2017 10:49am
mannycoon
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 34 min ago
Joined: Nov 2, 2011

Mistwell wrote:

He's a backup who has done more than two of the starters. Actually...perhaps three of the starters depending on how you look at Blake. He's probably been the third best player on the team these playoffs overall. 

Paul, Jordan, Felton, Speights and Luc have been better, Blake was better when he was on floor, even if wasn't playing to the best of his abilities.  That he's getting more minutes and touches than Felton or Speights doesn't mean he's been better.  Luc isn't shooting well, but he defending, rebounding and protecting the ball. Crawford has 3/4 fourths of single game we're he's gotten hot shooting and is pretty much been a net negative otherwise.  Even with last nights performance he has .519 TS% and 99 ortg for the series, while getting creamed defensively.  He's been the better than Redick, Redick has been awful and better than Pierce has no business playing.

Apr 24, 2017 11:49am
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 3 min ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

htownfan wrote:

Mistwell wrote:

Clipps wrote:

Mistwell. How bout them Crafords

He played very well.  But-for Crawford, we would have had no prayer that game. All the haters, tell me again how Crawford is never effective in the playoffs? 71.4% from 3pt, 69.2% FG%, 25 points, tell me how that can all be easily replaced by some scrubs like so many on this board think it an be? Sure, he doesn't defend or rebound, but scoring efficiently is very valuable, particularly for a bench player on a reasonable contract. 

Crawford finally has a good game and you firing back on the haters?  He was due to have a decent game..... Even a broken clock is right twice a day.  Hasn't he been terrible the whole series? When it came to crunch time he and Paul both came up a little short and JJ was just straight putting the Jazz on his back.  Hard to believe this series is tied with all the lucky breaks you guys have been getting with Gobert out the first 3 games and Heyward basically out this last game I assumed the rest of the talent on your team would carry you to a series lead even without Blake.  Its gonna be tough now but its still possible

I would say playing very well one out of three games in the playoffs is not at broken clock territory. Again, he's been overall better in the playoffs that two starters and the entire rest of the bench.  He's been the third best player on the team overall I think. And for a bench player on a reasonable contract, that's nothing to hate against. 

Apr 24, 2017 11:51am
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 3 min ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

mannycoon wrote:

Mistwell wrote:

He's a backup who has done more than two of the starters. Actually...perhaps three of the starters depending on how you look at Blake. He's probably been the third best player on the team these playoffs overall. 

Paul, Jordan, Felton, Speights and Luc have been better, Blake was better when he was on floor, even if wasn't playing to the best of his abilities.  That he's getting more minutes and touches than Felton or Speights doesn't mean he's been better.  Luc isn't shooting well, but he defending, rebounding and protecting the ball. Crawford has 3/4 fourths of single game we're he's gotten hot shooting and is pretty much been a net negative otherwise.  Even with last nights performance he has .519 TS% and 99 ortg for the series, while getting creamed defensively.  He's been the better than Redick, Redick has been awful and better than Pierce has no business playing.

Felton, Speights, and Luc have not been better. Luc is NOT defending well...he defended well at first, and has since completely fallen apart on defense in my opinion. His man scored a players-best against him, in the playoffs no less! In what world is that defending well? Speights has been mediocre - not terrible but nothing noteworthy. Same with Felton. Crawford's clearly been playing above both guys overall. 

Apr 24, 2017 12:03pm
Hitnrun24
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 14 hours ago
Joined: Dec 6, 2011

Crawford was great last night, I mean you can't expect more from him even if he had some bad plays at the end but overall great game from him. That's 1 in 4 though not 1 of 3 and overall as was stated his efficiency which you praised for one game is not an argument in his favor. Luc has been better, he did catch some of the buckets from Iso J, but he was already feeling it after feasting on JJ and Jamal. I said it before though, like it or not he's our number 2 option on offense with Blake out so he has to play. And since he and Redick get crushed out there together, I'd actually bench Redick of the 2 in this series since you can't expect CP to create everything for himself and everyone else all game.

 

Ingles is a decent defender, but JJ is making him look like Scottie Pippen and then he guards Paul and he shreds him. Man, how nice would it be to have Ingles on this team to play the 3/4 and defend. 

Apr 24, 2017 12:12pm
htownfan
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 46 min ago
Joined: May 7, 2015

Mistwell wrote:

htownfan wrote:

Mistwell wrote:

Clipps wrote:

Mistwell. How bout them Crafords

He played very well.  But-for Crawford, we would have had no prayer that game. All the haters, tell me again how Crawford is never effective in the playoffs? 71.4% from 3pt, 69.2% FG%, 25 points, tell me how that can all be easily replaced by some scrubs like so many on this board think it an be? Sure, he doesn't defend or rebound, but scoring efficiently is very valuable, particularly for a bench player on a reasonable contract. 

Crawford finally has a good game and you firing back on the haters?  He was due to have a decent game..... Even a broken clock is right twice a day.  Hasn't he been terrible the whole series? When it came to crunch time he and Paul both came up a little short and JJ was just straight putting the Jazz on his back.  Hard to believe this series is tied with all the lucky breaks you guys have been getting with Gobert out the first 3 games and Heyward basically out this last game I assumed the rest of the talent on your team would carry you to a series lead even without Blake.  Its gonna be tough now but its still possible

I would say playing very well one out of three games in the playoffs is not at broken clock territory. Again, he's been overall better in the playoffs that two starters and the entire rest of the bench.  He's been the third best player on the team overall I think. And for a bench player on a reasonable contract, that's nothing to hate against. 

Well what about one out of 4 because that's how many games have been played right? Not 3?  Saying he is playing better than two starters isn't say much when you compare him to someone outside of the big 3.  He is and should be the next best player on this team as comprised.  Why not compare him to someone who is also in the playoffs and playing a similar role off the bench  like say Joe Johnson or an Eric Gordon or Lou Williams?  He falls way short when compared to those players who all make less than Crawford on a reasonable contract. SMH.

Apr 24, 2017 12:43pm
Hitnrun24
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 14 hours ago
Joined: Dec 6, 2011

htownfan wrote:

Mistwell wrote:

htownfan wrote:

Mistwell wrote:

Clipps wrote:

Mistwell. How bout them Crafords

He played very well.  But-for Crawford, we would have had no prayer that game. All the haters, tell me again how Crawford is never effective in the playoffs? 71.4% from 3pt, 69.2% FG%, 25 points, tell me how that can all be easily replaced by some scrubs like so many on this board think it an be? Sure, he doesn't defend or rebound, but scoring efficiently is very valuable, particularly for a bench player on a reasonable contract. 

Crawford finally has a good game and you firing back on the haters?  He was due to have a decent game..... Even a broken clock is right twice a day.  Hasn't he been terrible the whole series? When it came to crunch time he and Paul both came up a little short and JJ was just straight putting the Jazz on his back.  Hard to believe this series is tied with all the lucky breaks you guys have been getting with Gobert out the first 3 games and Heyward basically out this last game I assumed the rest of the talent on your team would carry you to a series lead even without Blake.  Its gonna be tough now but its still possible

I would say playing very well one out of three games in the playoffs is not at broken clock territory. Again, he's been overall better in the playoffs that two starters and the entire rest of the bench.  He's been the third best player on the team overall I think. And for a bench player on a reasonable contract, that's nothing to hate against. 

Well what about one out of 4 because that's how many games have been played right? Not 3?  Saying he is playing better than two starters isn't say much when you compare him to someone outside of the big 3.  He is and should be the next best player on this team as comprised.  Why not compare him to someone who is also in the playoffs and playing a similar role off the bench  like say Joe Johnson or an Eric Gordon or Lou Williams?  He falls way short when compared to those players who all make less than Crawford on a reasonable contract. SMH.

 

Gotta agree. Some of you guys just have too low of standards when it comes to the playoffs. I mean a guy we are paying 14m/year should certainly be expected to score 25 points in game at least once if that's basically his entire role. At least he has given us something though which is more than can be said for soon to be 18m/year Redick.

Apr 24, 2017 1:08pm
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 3 min ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

htownfan wrote:

Mistwell wrote:

htownfan wrote:

Mistwell wrote:

Clipps wrote:

Mistwell. How bout them Crafords

He played very well.  But-for Crawford, we would have had no prayer that game. All the haters, tell me again how Crawford is never effective in the playoffs? 71.4% from 3pt, 69.2% FG%, 25 points, tell me how that can all be easily replaced by some scrubs like so many on this board think it an be? Sure, he doesn't defend or rebound, but scoring efficiently is very valuable, particularly for a bench player on a reasonable contract. 

Crawford finally has a good game and you firing back on the haters?  He was due to have a decent game..... Even a broken clock is right twice a day.  Hasn't he been terrible the whole series? When it came to crunch time he and Paul both came up a little short and JJ was just straight putting the Jazz on his back.  Hard to believe this series is tied with all the lucky breaks you guys have been getting with Gobert out the first 3 games and Heyward basically out this last game I assumed the rest of the talent on your team would carry you to a series lead even without Blake.  Its gonna be tough now but its still possible

I would say playing very well one out of three games in the playoffs is not at broken clock territory. Again, he's been overall better in the playoffs that two starters and the entire rest of the bench.  He's been the third best player on the team overall I think. And for a bench player on a reasonable contract, that's nothing to hate against. 

Well what about one out of 4 because that's how many games have been played right? Not 3?  Saying he is playing better than two starters isn't say much when you compare him to someone outside of the big 3.  He is and should be the next best player on this team as comprised.  Why not compare him to someone who is also in the playoffs and playing a similar role off the bench  like say Joe Johnson or an Eric Gordon or Lou Williams?  He falls way short when compared to those players who all make less than Crawford on a reasonable contract. SMH.

Comparing him to the best backups in the playoffs isn't really a fair comparison when we're talking about whether or not he's merely been OK vs terrible, which is the argument routinely made here.  But then, you're just a troll lately who really has no idea what series of discussions we've had here for many many years concerning Crawford so it's not like I would expect you to even understand the context of the discussion you jumped in to purely for trolling reasons. 

Apr 24, 2017 2:09pm
htownfan
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 46 min ago
Joined: May 7, 2015

Mistwell wrote:

Comparing him to the best backups in the playoffs isn't really a fair comparison when we're talking about whether or not he's merely been OK vs terrible, which is the argument routinely made here.  But then, you're just a troll lately who really has no idea what series of discussions we've had here for many many years concerning Crawford so it's not like I would expect you to even understand the context of the discussion you jumped in to purely for trolling reasons. 

I think its a great comparison when they all play the same role and make the same or less money. He is getting paid to do exactly what those 3 are doing right not the other scrubs that come off your bench.  I also understand that being good 1 out of 4 game is not ok Thats 25%.  That's terrible.  The first 3 games he averaged 9 points per game and shot 11 for 34 for 32% and 0-fer the series from the 3?  In what world is that OK and not terrible? Mistwellworld? You can't spin that in any way positive....Overall he has been terrible.... Yes compared to Reddick he has at least impacted one game and even then it was a loss so what's the point?

Apr 24, 2017 3:03pm
Rhy1244
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 16 min ago
Joined: Oct 8, 2011

Mistwell wrote:

mannycoon wrote:

Mistwell wrote:

He's a backup who has done more than two of the starters. Actually...perhaps three of the starters depending on how you look at Blake. He's probably been the third best player on the team these playoffs overall. 

Paul, Jordan, Felton, Speights and Luc have been better, Blake was better when he was on floor, even if wasn't playing to the best of his abilities.  That he's getting more minutes and touches than Felton or Speights doesn't mean he's been better.  Luc isn't shooting well, but he defending, rebounding and protecting the ball. Crawford has 3/4 fourths of single game we're he's gotten hot shooting and is pretty much been a net negative otherwise.  Even with last nights performance he has .519 TS% and 99 ortg for the series, while getting creamed defensively.  He's been the better than Redick, Redick has been awful and better than Pierce has no business playing.

Felton, Speights, and Luc have not been better. Luc is NOT defending well...he defended well at first, and has since completely fallen apart on defense in my opinion. His man scored a players-best against him, in the playoffs no less! In what world is that defending well? Speights has been mediocre - not terrible but nothing noteworthy. Same with Felton. Crawford's clearly been playing above both guys overall. 

Probably the unpopular opinion of the day.

 

Apr 24, 2017 3:09pm
Olowokandi34
Offline
Last seen: 51 min ago
Joined: Jan 4, 2012

Rhy1244 wrote:

Mistwell wrote:

mannycoon wrote:

Mistwell wrote:

He's a backup who has done more than two of the starters. Actually...perhaps three of the starters depending on how you look at Blake. He's probably been the third best player on the team these playoffs overall. 

Paul, Jordan, Felton, Speights and Luc have been better, Blake was better when he was on floor, even if wasn't playing to the best of his abilities.  That he's getting more minutes and touches than Felton or Speights doesn't mean he's been better.  Luc isn't shooting well, but he defending, rebounding and protecting the ball. Crawford has 3/4 fourths of single game we're he's gotten hot shooting and is pretty much been a net negative otherwise.  Even with last nights performance he has .519 TS% and 99 ortg for the series, while getting creamed defensively.  He's been the better than Redick, Redick has been awful and better than Pierce has no business playing.

Felton, Speights, and Luc have not been better. Luc is NOT defending well...he defended well at first, and has since completely fallen apart on defense in my opinion. His man scored a players-best against him, in the playoffs no less! In what world is that defending well? Speights has been mediocre - not terrible but nothing noteworthy. Same with Felton. Crawford's clearly been playing above both guys overall. 

Probably the unpopular opinion of the day.

 

How many screens are being set on Luc per possession? 2? sometimes 3??