Cleveland vs Golden St (Finals)

88 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jun 9, 2017 9:02pm
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 17 min 48 sec ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

137 to 116, Cavs. Fuck you GSW, you will not get to playoff history by sweeping the entire playoff run. 

Jun 9, 2017 9:50pm
tullabye
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 42 min ago
Joined: Nov 11, 2011

Mistwell wrote:

This is not the refs. Cavs are on fire. 

Refs were doing everything possible to keep Dubs and Draymond in game. Pathetic.

Jun 9, 2017 10:54pm
Clipps
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 31 min ago
Joined: May 4, 2015
Fuck GSW. Glad to see them go down. Fuck Draymond for being a puto joto. Pulling dirty shit and then talking shit about Cleveland. Fuck them all the way to the tip of the asshole they are licking. 15-4 Dubs. Make history, Cavs
Jun 9, 2017 10:55pm
Clipps
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 31 min ago
Joined: May 4, 2015

Mistwell wrote:

137 to 116, Cavs. Fuck you GSW, you will not get to playoff history by sweeping the entire playoff run. 

We're on the same page for once. Cheers.
Jun 10, 2017 7:04am
VFHS
Offline
Last seen: 13 min 8 sec ago
Joined: Mar 8, 2013

The way LeGOAT and even Kyrie stepped up in the face of history last night is something we'll never see from CP0 in the playoffs.

If anyone in NBA history could come back from a 3-0 deficit at all, especially against this loaded Warriors team, it's LeBron James. You could put Jordan or Kareem or Russell on this Cavs team and I'd still say Warriors in 5, comfortably. With LeBron, though? The Cavs still have a chance to pull this off. If they win Game 5, I think the Warriors will mentally quit.

Needless to say, LeBron is the greatest basketball player we will ever see in our lifetimes.

Jun 10, 2017 9:34am
trapp76
Offline
Last seen: 32 min 6 sec ago
Joined: Oct 28, 2011

VFHS wrote:

The way LeGOAT and even Kyrie stepped up in the face of history last night is something we'll never see from CP0 in the playoffs.

We'll never see it from Blake either, because he sits on the sideline in a suit come playoff time.

Jun 10, 2017 10:01am
VFHS
Offline
Last seen: 13 min 8 sec ago
Joined: Mar 8, 2013

trapp76 wrote:

VFHS wrote:

The way LeGOAT and even Kyrie stepped up in the face of history last night is something we'll never see from CP0 in the playoffs.

We'll never see it from Blake either, because he sits on the sideline in a suit come playoff time.

We already saw it when he carried us to a Game 7 victory over the defending champion Spurs with a triple double.

Jun 10, 2017 11:22am
pro100
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 18 min ago
Joined: Jan 17, 2012

VFHS wrote:

The way LeGOAT and even Kyrie stepped up in the face of history last night is something we'll never see from CP0 in the playoffs.

If anyone in NBA history could come back from a 3-0 deficit at all, especially against this loaded Warriors team, it's LeBron James. You could put Jordan or Kareem or Russell on this Cavs team and I'd still say Warriors in 5, comfortably. With LeBron, though? The Cavs still have a chance to pull this off. If they win Game 5, I think the Warriors will mentally quit.

Needless to say, LeBron is the greatest basketball player we will ever see in our lifetimes.

 

And what about Blake?

Jun 10, 2017 12:20pm
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 17 min 48 sec ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

VFHS wrote:

The way LeGOAT and even Kyrie stepped up in the face of history last night is something we'll never see from CP0 in the playoffs.

If anyone in NBA history could come back from a 3-0 deficit at all, especially against this loaded Warriors team, it's LeBron James. You could put Jordan or Kareem or Russell on this Cavs team and I'd still say Warriors in 5, comfortably. With LeBron, though? The Cavs still have a chance to pull this off. If they win Game 5, I think the Warriors will mentally quit.

Needless to say, LeBron is the greatest basketball player we will ever see in our lifetimes.

I agree. I mean, I disagree about CP3 not being as good as Kyrie. I think, with Lebron inspiring him, he could play as well as or slightly better even than Kyrie did. I just think Lebron is that good, in all aspects of the game, including making other players better. But you're right, CP3 couldn't himself do what Lebron did, nor could anyone else.

Jun 10, 2017 4:53pm
Hitnrun24
Offline
Last seen: 27 min 22 sec ago
Joined: Dec 6, 2011

CP3 on Cle in place of Kyrie would be pretty amazing. His defense would help them so much and his scoring load would be just right. Steph would have maybe 2 good games and all they'd need to worry about is defending KD. Kyrie has great moments, but he cost the Cavs game 3 and his errors led to big runs in games 1 and 2. He is great, but more of a big hit or miss type. Trusting him to have 3 more low mistake games is making it tough to believe they can end up pulling this off. 

Jun 10, 2017 8:41pm
tullabye
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 42 min ago
Joined: Nov 11, 2011

Hitnrun24 wrote:

CP3 on Cle in place of Kyrie would be pretty amazing. His defense would help them so much and his scoring load would be just right. Steph would have maybe 2 good games and all they'd need to worry about is defending KD. Kyrie has great moments, but he cost the Cavs game 3 and his errors led to big runs in games 1 and 2. He is great, but more of a big hit or miss type. Trusting him to have 3 more low mistake games is making it tough to believe they can end up pulling this off. 

Good. Let's hope that Kyrie for CP3 thing happens so Cleveland can win another title. I'm willing to sacrifice.

Jun 10, 2017 8:45pm
tullabye
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 42 min ago
Joined: Nov 11, 2011

tullabye wrote:

Hitnrun24 wrote:

CP3 on Cle in place of Kyrie would be pretty amazing. His defense would help them so much and his scoring load would be just right. Steph would have maybe 2 good games and all they'd need to worry about is defending KD. Kyrie has great moments, but he cost the Cavs game 3 and his errors led to big runs in games 1 and 2. He is great, but more of a big hit or miss type. Trusting him to have 3 more low mistake games is making it tough to believe they can end up pulling this off. 

Good. Let's hope that Kyrie for CP3 thing happens so Cleveland can win another title. I'm willing to sacrifice.

sigh...I guess we'll have to take Shumpert too so the salaries will match. Damn

Jun 11, 2017 9:25pm
trapp76
Offline
Last seen: 32 min 6 sec ago
Joined: Oct 28, 2011

VFHS wrote:

trapp76 wrote:

VFHS wrote:

The way LeGOAT and even Kyrie stepped up in the face of history last night is something we'll never see from CP0 in the playoffs.

We'll never see it from Blake either, because he sits on the sideline in a suit come playoff time.

We already saw it when he carried us to a Game 7 victory over the defending champion Spurs with a triple double.

What was he carrying on this play? Another medical bill as he lays on the floor?

https://youtu.be/Zkpv8Qv_x_U

Jun 12, 2017 9:50am
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 43 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

nuraman00 wrote:

WindsorUK wrote:

Are they actually ever going to PLAY the finals? There hasn't been a game, in what,  a week? This is a longer break than the all star one.

Theoretically, should the finals go 7 games, when do they finish?

 

The NBA Finals usually have a set start date.

The only time it's ever been moved up was in 2011, when both conference finals (Dallas-OKC and Miami-Chicago) ended in 5 games.

Miami-Chicago finished on May 26, and they moved the Finals from starting on a Thursday (which they normally do) June 2nd to May 31st.

Part of the reason why I think they're reluctant to move the start date is that the international media have probably already booked their flight for entry into the US, at the set date.  Last year, 280 international media members across 30 countries were live at the Finals.

In 2015, even though Houston-Golden State ended in 5 games, and Cleveland beat Atlanta in 4 games, they didn't move up the date.

So between May 27 when Golden State beat Houston, there was a layoff until Thursday June 04.

 

 

http://www.news-herald.com/article/HR/20160606/SPORTS/160609668

2000 media credentials.

280 international media members from that list, from 30 countries.

The Finals are broadcast live in 215 countries in 49 languages.

Comparing it to the World Series:

* 182 countries will broadcast it in 2017

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/218189896/2017-world-baseball-classic-to-be-broadcast-in-182-countries--territories/

* This seems down from 2010:

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/15862114/

More than 200 countries in 18 languages.

Comparing it to the SuperBowl:

* 180 countries in 25 languages:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/american-football/2016/02/24/nfl-super-bowl-by-numbers/


I wish I knew how many international media members attended the World Series and SuperBowl live, like we know for the NBA Finals.  And how many media credentials are issued for the World Series and SuperBowl.

 

* NHL:

I can't find how many languages or countries broadcast the Stanley Cup Finals.

Or how many international media members are live at the Stanley Cup Finals.

 

@Dyce, can you help?  You're good at finding specific information.

 

Can someone help me find how many countries and languages broadcast the Stanley Cup Finals?  

 

Or how many international media members are live at the Stanley Cup Finals.

Jun 12, 2017 10:58am
Hitnrun24
Offline
Last seen: 27 min 22 sec ago
Joined: Dec 6, 2011

trapp76 wrote:

VFHS wrote:

trapp76 wrote:

VFHS wrote:

The way LeGOAT and even Kyrie stepped up in the face of history last night is something we'll never see from CP0 in the playoffs.

We'll never see it from Blake either, because he sits on the sideline in a suit come playoff time.

We already saw it when he carried us to a Game 7 victory over the defending champion Spurs with a triple double.

What was he carrying on this play? Another medical bill as he lays on the floor?

https://youtu.be/Zkpv8Qv_x_U

 

Both guys were pretty amazing that series when you look back to the level of play they exhibited, that's why that Houston series loss hurt so much. If we had maybe just one more decent bench piece that team could have moved on and if they had gotten some extra rest could have beaten a still untested Warriors. Houston never had a chance especially without anyone to guard Curry and Golden State was still capable of having big game nerves in 2015 and I think we'd have had a psychological edge.

 

We'd then have gotten Cle without Love and a hobbled Kyrie, really feels like that was the break for this team when we point to 2011 Mavs etc

Jun 12, 2017 1:04pm
trapp76
Offline
Last seen: 32 min 6 sec ago
Joined: Oct 28, 2011

Hitnrun24 wrote:

trapp76 wrote:

VFHS wrote:

trapp76 wrote:

VFHS wrote:

The way LeGOAT and even Kyrie stepped up in the face of history last night is something we'll never see from CP0 in the playoffs.

We'll never see it from Blake either, because he sits on the sideline in a suit come playoff time.

We already saw it when he carried us to a Game 7 victory over the defending champion Spurs with a triple double.

What was he carrying on this play? Another medical bill as he lays on the floor?

https://youtu.be/Zkpv8Qv_x_U

If we had maybe just one more decent bench piece that team could have moved on 

............or you know, if Josh Smith and Corey Brewer didn't make like 10 threes in a five minute span, that team could have moved on too.

Jun 12, 2017 4:33pm
Hitnrun24
Offline
Last seen: 27 min 22 sec ago
Joined: Dec 6, 2011

trapp76 wrote:

Hitnrun24 wrote:

trapp76 wrote:

VFHS wrote:

trapp76 wrote:

VFHS wrote:

The way LeGOAT and even Kyrie stepped up in the face of history last night is something we'll never see from CP0 in the playoffs.

We'll never see it from Blake either, because he sits on the sideline in a suit come playoff time.

We already saw it when he carried us to a Game 7 victory over the defending champion Spurs with a triple double.

What was he carrying on this play? Another medical bill as he lays on the floor?

https://youtu.be/Zkpv8Qv_x_U

If we had maybe just one more decent bench piece that team could have moved on 

............or you know, if Josh Smith and Corey Brewer didn't make like 10 threes in a five minute span, that team could have moved on too.

 

Yeah I mean take your pick, but it seems like that team got scarred for how gassed they were after so many guys were playing 40+ minutes. They seem so conscious of it now and try to save gas to not let it happen again

Jun 12, 2017 8:53pm
ClipperSisyphus
Offline
Last seen: 21 min 28 sec ago
Joined: Nov 1, 2011

Well that was interesting. I'm worried GSW is going to be a juggernaut for the next 2-3 seasons. Clips should just go for youth now (ie, don't load up with CP, Melo, DWade).

In other news, LeBron is still tied for the most championships during his career with future Hall of Famers DWade and the Spurs core. I think he is the most dominant player during his career so the Michael vs. LeBron arguments are pointless.

Jun 12, 2017 9:10pm
pro100
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 18 min ago
Joined: Jan 17, 2012

ClipperSisyphus wrote:

Well that was interesting. I'm worried GSW is going to be a juggernaut for the next 2-3 seasons. Clips should just go for youth now (ie, don't load up with CP, Melo, DWade).

In other news, LeBron is still tied for the most championships during his career with future Hall of Famers DWade and the Spurs core. I think he is the most dominant player during his career so the Michael vs. LeBron arguments are pointless.

 

Also keep in mind they will develop a few youngsters along the way as well. 2nd rounder MacCaw played a big role in tonights game. Doc won't let a rook play in a regular season game much less a crucial NBA Finals game. 

Jun 13, 2017 9:46am
trapp76
Offline
Last seen: 32 min 6 sec ago
Joined: Oct 28, 2011

pro100 wrote:

ClipperSisyphus wrote:

Well that was interesting. I'm worried GSW is going to be a juggernaut for the next 2-3 seasons. Clips should just go for youth now (ie, don't load up with CP, Melo, DWade).

In other news, LeBron is still tied for the most championships during his career with future Hall of Famers DWade and the Spurs core. I think he is the most dominant player during his career so the Michael vs. LeBron arguments are pointless.

 

Also keep in mind they will develop a few youngsters along the way as well. 2nd rounder MacCaw played a big role in tonights game. Doc won't let a rook play in a regular season game much less a crucial NBA Finals game. 

I'm so sick of hearing about that fucking guy.

What did he do? Take corner 3s with no defenders within 10 feet of him. Wow!! Impressive!

Jun 13, 2017 10:10am
VFHS
Offline
Last seen: 13 min 8 sec ago
Joined: Mar 8, 2013

McCaw contributed more to a championship team than CP0 ever will. He's also more clutch than CP0 (though, admittedly, that's a low bar).

Jun 13, 2017 1:34pm
pro100
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 18 min ago
Joined: Jan 17, 2012

trapp76 wrote:

pro100 wrote:

ClipperSisyphus wrote:

Well that was interesting. I'm worried GSW is going to be a juggernaut for the next 2-3 seasons. Clips should just go for youth now (ie, don't load up with CP, Melo, DWade).

In other news, LeBron is still tied for the most championships during his career with future Hall of Famers DWade and the Spurs core. I think he is the most dominant player during his career so the Michael vs. LeBron arguments are pointless.

 

Also keep in mind they will develop a few youngsters along the way as well. 2nd rounder MacCaw played a big role in tonights game. Doc won't let a rook play in a regular season game much less a crucial NBA Finals game. 

I'm so sick of hearing about that fucking guy.

What did he do? Take corner 3s with no defenders within 10 feet of him. Wow!! Impressive!

You're prepping a guy like that for the future you goofball. Next year they'll have a couple of other rookies in the mix getting minutes and valuable experience. Along with the superstar core this team will have no falloff whatsoever. What part of this do you not understand? I guess you love these washed up ex-Celtic trash and the never-ending rotating door of vet minimum players year in and year out that leads us to f*cking nowhere but them badmouthing the organization soon as the season is over with. I really don't get some of you guys on here.

Jun 13, 2017 1:40pm
trapp76
Offline
Last seen: 32 min 6 sec ago
Joined: Oct 28, 2011

pro100 wrote:

trapp76 wrote:

pro100 wrote:

ClipperSisyphus wrote:

Well that was interesting. I'm worried GSW is going to be a juggernaut for the next 2-3 seasons. Clips should just go for youth now (ie, don't load up with CP, Melo, DWade).

In other news, LeBron is still tied for the most championships during his career with future Hall of Famers DWade and the Spurs core. I think he is the most dominant player during his career so the Michael vs. LeBron arguments are pointless.

 

Also keep in mind they will develop a few youngsters along the way as well. 2nd rounder MacCaw played a big role in tonights game. Doc won't let a rook play in a regular season game much less a crucial NBA Finals game. 

I'm so sick of hearing about that fucking guy.

What did he do? Take corner 3s with no defenders within 10 feet of him. Wow!! Impressive!

You're prepping a guy like that for the future you goofball. Next year they'll have a couple of other rookies in the mix getting minutes and valuable experience. Along with the superstar core this team will have no falloff whatsoever. What part of this do you not understand? I guess you love these washed up ex-Celtic trash and the never-ending rotating door of vet minimum players year in and year out that leads us to f*cking nowhere but them badmouthing the organization soon as the season is over with. I really don't get some of you guys on here.

Now I like ex Celtic trash because some dude standing in the corner with nobody around him shooting 3s doesn't impress me? I don't see the correlation.

Jun 13, 2017 3:08pm
Hitnrun24
Offline
Last seen: 27 min 22 sec ago
Joined: Dec 6, 2011

trapp76 wrote:

pro100 wrote:

trapp76 wrote:

pro100 wrote:

ClipperSisyphus wrote:

Well that was interesting. I'm worried GSW is going to be a juggernaut for the next 2-3 seasons. Clips should just go for youth now (ie, don't load up with CP, Melo, DWade).

In other news, LeBron is still tied for the most championships during his career with future Hall of Famers DWade and the Spurs core. I think he is the most dominant player during his career so the Michael vs. LeBron arguments are pointless.

 

Also keep in mind they will develop a few youngsters along the way as well. 2nd rounder MacCaw played a big role in tonights game. Doc won't let a rook play in a regular season game much less a crucial NBA Finals game. 

I'm so sick of hearing about that fucking guy.

What did he do? Take corner 3s with no defenders within 10 feet of him. Wow!! Impressive!

You're prepping a guy like that for the future you goofball. Next year they'll have a couple of other rookies in the mix getting minutes and valuable experience. Along with the superstar core this team will have no falloff whatsoever. What part of this do you not understand? I guess you love these washed up ex-Celtic trash and the never-ending rotating door of vet minimum players year in and year out that leads us to f*cking nowhere but them badmouthing the organization soon as the season is over with. I really don't get some of you guys on here.

Now I like ex Celtic trash because some dude standing in the corner with nobody around him shooting 3s doesn't impress me? I don't see the correlation.

 

You have to give them credit he was a rookie, you don't expect those guys to do anything let alone play in the Finals.  Of course he wasn't great, but like they said that is prepping him for a role maybe 2-3 years down the line so if they suffer an injury or they lose someone in FA they've got someone ready to come in.

 

It's that lack of foresight that has left us with very few assets and help to our core players and why we play 3 sg's at SF and get beat with games on the line with.

Jun 14, 2017 9:51am
trapp76
Offline
Last seen: 32 min 6 sec ago
Joined: Oct 28, 2011

Hitnrun24 wrote:

trapp76 wrote:

pro100 wrote:

trapp76 wrote:

pro100 wrote:

ClipperSisyphus wrote:

Well that was interesting. I'm worried GSW is going to be a juggernaut for the next 2-3 seasons. Clips should just go for youth now (ie, don't load up with CP, Melo, DWade).

In other news, LeBron is still tied for the most championships during his career with future Hall of Famers DWade and the Spurs core. I think he is the most dominant player during his career so the Michael vs. LeBron arguments are pointless.

 

Also keep in mind they will develop a few youngsters along the way as well. 2nd rounder MacCaw played a big role in tonights game. Doc won't let a rook play in a regular season game much less a crucial NBA Finals game. 

I'm so sick of hearing about that fucking guy.

What did he do? Take corner 3s with no defenders within 10 feet of him. Wow!! Impressive!

You're prepping a guy like that for the future you goofball. Next year they'll have a couple of other rookies in the mix getting minutes and valuable experience. Along with the superstar core this team will have no falloff whatsoever. What part of this do you not understand? I guess you love these washed up ex-Celtic trash and the never-ending rotating door of vet minimum players year in and year out that leads us to f*cking nowhere but them badmouthing the organization soon as the season is over with. I really don't get some of you guys on here.

Now I like ex Celtic trash because some dude standing in the corner with nobody around him shooting 3s doesn't impress me? I don't see the correlation.

 

You have to give them credit he was a rookie, you don't expect those guys to do anything let alone play in the Finals.  Of course he wasn't great, but like they said that is prepping him for a role maybe 2-3 years down the line so if they suffer an injury or they lose someone in FA they've got someone ready to come in.

 

It's that lack of foresight that has left us with very few assets and help to our core players and why we play 3 sg's at SF and get beat with games on the line with.

I get all of that and I agree with it............but some dude who gets to shoot wide open shots with nobody around him just doesn't impress me that much, no matter how old he is. Anybody who has that role with the Warriors is going to look good doing it. There is nothing exceptional about it.

The two are not mutually exclusive.

Jun 14, 2017 12:45pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 43 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Leon Powe looked even better when he had a 21 point game in the NBA Finals.

 

That would be his career highlight.

 

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200806080BOS.html

 

Jun 14, 2017 2:17pm
mannycoon
Offline
Last seen: 17 min 30 sec ago
Joined: Nov 2, 2011

Powe was really good when he was healthy.  I think one of the most frustrating things about Doc's lack of interest in integrating young players is that it was actually a pretty significant part of his success in Boston, but he doesn't seem to realize it (Rondo, Powe, Perkins, Tony Allen and Davis all made contributions to that team).  He also had much more well rounded wing players then than now and doesn't seem to care.